Solvent for silicone spray

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beardslee

Supporting Member
I have a painting project on a composite. I sprayed it with krylon rattle can and I've got a couple of small spot that have wrinkled. I've cleaned and prep'd a second and third time. I suspect it may be contaminated with spray silicone. I've tried all the usual solvents and cleaner and nothing seems to get rid of it. I tried sprayng my hands and nothing seems to cut the silicone.

Thanks in advance, John

Moparbarn Jr is right, The solvents in the krylon are wrinkiling the paint underneath.

if it wrinkled, it's not silicone. silicone will cause fisheyes.
Hi Travis,

Now I remember why Tom Daniels (3D Marine) never allowed silicone in his shop -- the fish eyes. Okay now I know it is not the silicone, I can look for something else.

Rick, I used "Iso, denatured, also automotive paint prep (wax - grease remover) but couldn't bring my self to tap my last gallon of Methanol, the Logghe drum is now empty.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

John

When I showed some of these to Terry Keeley and Gary Preusse at Flint last spring, Terry noticed the one with John Bridge, Jerry Betke, Harold Tuttle and I and realized the trees in the background are still there.

John

John, thanks for those great old pics in the gallery. Very cool stuff. B) ....==={}
Hi Ray,

Thanks, I'll get at it and do a thread too so more may notice. I still haven't spent anytime going through our tubs to find the 1972 Internats slides but hope to before heading south.

John
Great John, that back in the day stuff needs a Model Boat Museum to save it in..................==={}

Back