Sniper 20's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy,
Send us some race info.

-Carl,
The Sniper20 brought home the wood with a one-two finish at the Charleston Fall Nationals race this weekend in the Sport B Tunnel Class.

With two Snipers entered in a field of sixteen boats, the Sniper showed it's true form and rose to the top in competition.

John Otto and Mic Halbrehder took first and second respectively.

Congratulations John and Mic.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy,
Send us some race info.

-Carl,
The Sniper20 brought home the wood with a one-two finish at the Charleston Fall Nationals race this weekend in the Sport B Tunnel Class.

With two Snipers entered in a field of sixteen boats, the Sniper showed it's true form and rose to the top in competition.

Bill

To John and Mic, congratulations on a great weekend of racing.......

Bill, you put the boat in very capable hands and it performed well........

Hell, from the way it sounds I might as well just sell everything now that you built a boat that won a race.

But you forgot something, If I stop racing now, you have to race until 2025 to get to the time I have put in at the pond.

That race is over, Carl's attachment was Sept. 17 from the two day race, trying to be cute just don't fit you.

Knock down a hornet's nest, and you better be ready to run... BuZZZZZZZZZZZ.

COME GETCHA SOME !!!!!!!!!!!!

MY two stock motors made it to top 5 at WTC, just remember what I can do with a "slow boat".

Ain't Skeered.............

RP

PS Who won that 2 day race in mod at Brandon.

Randy,
Send us some race info.

-Carl,

Bill

Hell, from the way it sounds I might as well just sell everything now that you built a boat that won a race.

But you forgot something, If I stop racing now, you have to race until 2025 to get to the time I have put in at the pond.

That race is over, Carl's attachment was Sept. 17 from the two day race, trying to be cute just don't fit you.

MY two stock motors made it to top 5 at WTC, just remember what I can do with a "slow boat".

RP

Let me respond to this as best I can given that I don't understand the apparent belittlement and hostility you are expressing.

Yes, I have been in this hobby for only two years, and yes, Randy you have more 'time on the pond' than I. But I think you are forgeting something. Change and innovation come from new and external ideas, or from people who can think outside the box, or from those who can see things a different way because they have not been exposed to the 'traditional' way for as long as you have Randy.

My boat may suck or it be great... The Lynx may be worlds better than mine or it may only be about as good... It may be a driver that drags a boat across the finish line or a boat that brings a driver to the front...

But I will tell you this.

I only built this boat because I wanted a one that was competitive and you couldn't get a Lynx. Had I been able to buy a Lynx, I would gladly be racing two of them today, and there would be no such thing as a Sniper.

I know that you and your buddies are all giggling at me and my boat (aww,... wook at the wittle sniper go...) how can I possibly know what I am doing when I never came to you or your friends for advice, right? How ignorant I must be...

I recall when I first started this little venture, you came to me and told me you wanted in...

I may be a 'newbie' to this hobby, but isn't that what it is suppossed to be all about? Or is it actually just bash the new guy for tryin' something else...

If I quit building my boats today, would that make you feel better? Would you have taught me a lesson? Would you have put the newbie in his place?

Would you be able to buy a Lynx?

All I offer is a boat, It may be better or it may be worse that the rest. But it is an option.

And lets not forget that this was all started when I was accused of splashing someones boat.

Bill

Randy,
Send us some race info.

-Carl,

Bill

RP

Let me respond to this as best I can given that I don't understand the apparent belittlement and hostility you are expressing.

Yes, I have been in this hobby for only two years, and yes, Randy you have more 'time on the pond' than I. But I think you are forgeting something. Change and innovation come from new and external ideas, or from people who can think outside the box, or from those who can see things a different way because they have not been exposed to the 'traditional' way for as long as you have Randy.

My boat may suck or it be great... The Lynx may be worlds better than mine or it may only be about as good... It may be a driver that drags a boat across the finish line or a boat that brings a driver to the front...

But I will tell you this.

I only built this boat because I wanted a one that was competitive and you couldn't get a Lynx. Had I been able to buy a Lynx, I would gladly be racing two of them today, and there would be no such thing as a Sniper.

I know that you and your buddies are all giggling at me and my boat (aww,... wook at the wittle sniper go...) how can I possibly know what I am doing when I never came to you or your friends for advice, right? How ignorant I must be...

I recall when I first started this little venture, you came to me and told me you wanted in...

I may be a 'newbie' to this hobby, but isn't that what it is suppossed to be all about? Or is it actually just bash the new guy for tryin' something else...

If I quit building my boats today, would that make you feel better? Would you have taught me a lesson? Would you have put the newbie in his place?

Would you be able to buy a Lynx?

All I offer is a boat, It may be better or it may be worse that the rest. But it is an option.

And lets not forget that this was all started when I was accused of splashing someones boat.

Bill
yo fingers,

Time to halt all this..

There was never any intention to ruffle anybody here, smack was talked loooong before you ever popped up. Remember your first day at Brandon? Who was the first club member to try and get you signed up and in the water, to help you with your first tunnel boat, give you a remote needle for the flip flop motor on the Hornet.. NEVER did I acccuse you of popping that boat, not once.

Our club has always helped "foster" model boating, bring someone up to their level, to compete, to win. Carl called me because he wanted to hear how your boat worked at the 2 day, but you didn't set up a mod boat. I have a good relationship with all the racers, and we have fun poking our little jabs in when we can. Financially, I do not have the resources to chase all over the country and enjoy what I love to do, race tunnels. But when I show up, I race with the knowledge John and others, like Carl have given me and helped me over the years.

Your boat worked well and I told you so, Otto could nail a motor to a tennis shoe and give anyone a run for their money, because he is the Godfather, we named him that when we started the TBM as a smack talk joke towards Mark and James and Grim at the first Charleston races, because he has earned the title. Funny that you think I have this cold spot for you, 'cause it aint so.

I have been bopping up and down the road to races since Ronnie was president, lost my marriage because of "those **** boats" as she said, and will continue to.

I apologize if I crossed the line with you, thought your were a tough ex Marine, lets go get a beer..

But at the next race, there is ten minutes of the weekend where I have no friends, not a single one.

PS... I can't buy a LYNX either.....

Good Needle and Good Water

Randy

Looks like the TBM is going to settle this peacefully without "going to the mattress"

I applaud Bill and his enthusiasm with his new model. I may not have run every tunnel availiable but I have raced against most all of them. At present I own a HTB-290, two Visions a Leecraft and I believe I may have purchased the first Sniper availiable for sale. I have also my own 21 hulls that are very outdated.

So how does the Sniper rate among this group. Very well indeed. The boat I ran at Charleston has earned a staring position on my team. After one race (in windy conditions) and only two sesions testing at the pond I like the hull. It turns as well as anything I have driven and setup was so easy a cave man could drive one. Speed is great and more will come as I try prop and trim settings. I was happy placing in my first outing as any field in Charleston is tough. (16 boats) For the record Steve Hearl and I were tied for second and I won the two headed coin toss. Had my pit crew (since fired) fueled the boat in heat 2 I may have won outright. So the Sniper is officially on the board and will show its merit as time goes on.

Bill keep building these hulls as tunnel boaters need more options. I would own a Lynx if I knew the secret handshake and the VS-1 is back ordered already.

At this point I can't wait to put some horsepower above a stock OS on a Sniper as I feel it will be a better mod boat than stock.

Mic Halbrehder

Looks like the TBM is going to settle this peacefully without "going to the mattress"I applaud Bill and his enthusiasm with his new model. I may not have run every tunnel availiable but I have raced against most all of them. At present I own a HTB-290, two Visions a Leecraft and I believe I may have purchased the first Sniper availiable for sale. I have also my own 21 hulls that are very outdated.

So how does the Sniper rate among this group. Very well indeed. The boat I ran at Charleston has earned a staring position on my team. After one race (in windy conditions) and only two sesions testing at the pond I like the hull. It turns as well as anything I have driven and setup was so easy a cave man could drive one. Speed is great and more will come as I try prop and trim settings. I was happy placing in my first outing as any field in Charleston is tough. (16 boats) For the record Steve Hearl and I were tied for second and I won the two headed coin toss. Had my pit crew (since fired) fueled the boat in heat 2 I may have won outright. So the Sniper is officially on the board and will show its merit as time goes on.

Bill keep building these hulls as tunnel boaters need more options. I would own a Lynx if I knew the secret handshake and the VS-1 is back ordered already.

At this point I can't wait to put some horsepower above a stock OS on a Sniper as I feel it will be a better mod boat than stock.

Mic Halbrehder

Mic

Sounds like you had Hearl skeered to run ya. Good job.....

We were told in a earlier post that you and John rose to the top " IN COMPETITION".

I can't wait for the WORLD COIN-TOSSING CHAMPIONSHIPS in May '09.

Bill, the truth would have set you free.

Jay, no application required for TBM, free agent trade ....

Steve broke TBM code of ethics by not racing to defend TBM......

Did he get to keep the coin from the toss......

Looks like I have to start on my VOODOO dolls for next year.

O, what a tangled web we weave.

RP

Looks like the TBM is going to settle this peacefully without "going to the mattress"I applaud Bill and his enthusiasm with his new model. I may not have run every tunnel availiable but I have raced against most all of them. At present I own a HTB-290, two Visions a Leecraft and I believe I may have purchased the first Sniper availiable for sale. I have also my own 21 hulls that are very outdated.

Mic Halbrehder

Mic

Sounds like you had Hearl skeered to run ya. Good job.....

We were told in a earlier post that you and John rose to the top " IN COMPETITION".

I can't wait for the WORLD COIN-TOSSING CHAMPIONSHIPS in May '09.

Bill, the truth would have set you free.

Jay, no application required for TBM, free agent trade ....

Steve broke TBM code of ethics by not racing to defend TBM......

Did he get to keep the coin from the toss......

Looks like I have to start on my VOODOO dolls for next year.

O, what a tangled web we weave.

RP
Randy,

That was real good but you put a little just little too much on it that time...

If you want to make it seem real, it's gotta flow.

Look, all kidding aside, I'm up to my rear end in top decks and hulls right now. if your still serious about making the radio boxes and cowls, pm me later and i'll get you the supplies by this weekend.

*PS Hearl said he was rollin' till he read about the code of ethics thing.

I'll clear my inbox...

Bill

Hi Bill,

I see on your site you have a link for a 40 size sniper, when can we expect this to be released?? ;)

Hi Bill,
I see on your site you have a link for a 40 size sniper, when can we expect this to be released?? ;)
There was originally a plan to do a 40 boat but with the politics that has come of this I don't know if I really want to.

Currently the 40 plug is on the shelf and not being worked.

Bill

Hi Bill,
There was originally a plan to do a 40 boat but with the politics that has come of this I don't know if I really want to.

Bill

Bill,

Looks like you're making a great boat and I'll be ordering one in the near future. I've got a word of advise for you though from a old school, old timer. Screw the politics. The only reason people are coming after you is because you have a great product for a very reasonable price. Time to put the blinders and earmuffs on and do your thing making your mark in this industry. Believe me, the other top boating folks ALL went through the same bull $^# in one way or the other getting started. You want people talking about you and your new boat one way or the other drawing interest. We the boaters are smart enough to fiqure out who the &^#&^ holes are and it's not you! Some folks see you cutting into their pocket so this is to be expected. You only have shots like this once in life so................................GO FOR IT!!!! We the boater with our $$$ will let you know if your doing it right or wrong. Just my .02 worth. My best to your new project.

John

Hi Bill,

Bill

Bill,

Looks like you're making a great boat and I'll be ordering one in the near future. I've got a word of advise for you though from a old school, old timer. Screw the politics. The only reason people are coming after you is because you have a great product for a very reasonable price. Time to put the blinders and earmuffs on and do your thing making your mark in this industry. Believe me, the other top boating folks ALL went through the same bull $^# in one way or the other getting started. You want people talking about you and your new boat one way or the other drawing interest. We the boaters are smart enough to fiqure out who the &^#&^ holes are and it's not you! Some folks see you cutting into their pocket so this is to be expected. You only have shots like this once in life so................................GO FOR IT!!!! We the boater with our $$$ will let you know if your doing it right or wrong. Just my .02 worth. My best to your new project.

John
yeah, what john said, bill. remember my pm to you a while ago? you've designed a killer hull, screw 'em. never argue with them, they'll drag you down to their level, & then beat you with experience :lol: :lol: . all the fuss is because it IS a good hull. if it didn't worry them, there wouldn't be half the stink going on. take it as a compliment. see ya at the tunnel champs !!

Not here to bash anyone or any new hull but I took 1st place in 20 tunnel at the Charleston race with a Aeromarine Predator 21. Most definitely not the newest boat out there but it ran well. Best part…..$200 on Ebay with an OS engine. Now if the water at that race were a lot calmer, I’m sure many of those very expensive tunnels would have passed me by in short notice.

I did notice that a lot of the fastest boat never finished their heats. Make me wonder just how important the hull is in the equation.

Latest posts

Back