snell designs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I made the misteak of putting too much rudder on the boat and that was my error. I use a Speedmaster and cut an 1 1/2" off the bottom of the blade. Jeff likes using the curved turn fins, but I find that a straight turn fin tucked under about 15 degrees suits my driving style better. I really like smooth turning boats and I hate twitchy driving boats or boats that don't like to be steered left.

A stainless 255 is definitly the prop of choice.

You can look at my gallery and see the Speedy. Start with the strut 1/16th (completely flat) from the bottom of the boat to the bottom of a Jensen strut. And oh yeah, you might want to tell yout pit guy that he WILL get hosed down if you rap the throttle up too much on launch!

Jeff makes 3 weights of boats depending if you want something really that is really durable to a very lightweight version for guys that are trying to win races. He also thinks the winged boats work better, but they are not worth the hassel to me.

What has attracted me and several others is the open design with the cowling off that makes install and maintenance very easy.

You can get the fake blower and stacks from Larry Kraemer and he will sand off the ends of a set of Merlin stacks so they look like Packard stacks.

If you have any more questions you can PM me your phone number.

Nope. I made the misteak of putting too much rudder on the boat and that was my error. I use a Speedmaster and cut an 1 1/2" off the bottom of the blade. Jeff likes using the curved turn fins, but I find that a straight turn fin tucked under about 15 degrees suits my driving style better. I really like smooth turning boats and I hate twitchy driving boats or boats that don't like to be steered left.

You can look at my gallery and see the Speedy. Start with the strut 1/16th (completely flat) from the bottom of the boat to the bottom of a Jensen strut. And oh yeah, you might want to tell yout pit guy that he WILL get hosed down if you rap the throttle up too much on launch!

Jeff makes 3 weights of boats depending if you want something really that is really durable to a very lightweight version for guys that are trying to win races. He also thinks the winged boats work better, but they are not worth the hassel to me.

What has attracted me and several others is the open design with the cowling off that makes install and maintenance very easy.

You can get the fake blower and stacks from Larry Kraemer and he will sand off the ends of a set of Merlin stacks so they look like Packard stacks.

This boat is awesome open so you can work on the radio or fuel tanks without any concern. Ive seen Mike Boat hauling .....

wow that's a bunch of room. I wanted to build the 1988 heart breakers gentleman's club with this hull. Can anyone tell me the history of the boat?

This boat is awesome open so you can work on the radio or fuel tanks without any concern. Ive seen Mike Boat hauling .....

Its very similar to a Mutt sport 40 open design and yes Mike, Mike Cathey's boat was one of the fastest at the northwest championships last year....

wow that's a bunch of room. I wanted to build the 1988 heart breakers gentleman's club with this hull. Can anyone tell me the history of the boat?
Jeff makes 2 cowlings for the hull. One open cockpit and another with a canopy. He actually built a Gentleman's Club but sold to someone in California I think.

"I wanted to build the 1988 heart breakers gentleman's club with this hull. Can anyone tell me the history of the boat?"

Hey James,

The 1989 U-146 Heartbreakesrs Gentleman's Club is Master Hull Roster (MHR) number 8255, Originally built in 1982 as the U-55 Oh Boy! Oberto. The hull had many sponsons over the years. In 1989 it actually had seven different sonsors for the ten races that year. The hull ran as Heartbreakers Gentleman's Club, which I believe is in Dickinson, TX, at the May 22 Exxon Blast-Off in Houston, TX. The boat Did Not Start (DNS). For the 10 races that year, it sported different livery at each race, only appearing as U-146 Pietro's Pizza at the 30 July Columbia Cup, and the 6 August Seafair Ranier Cup. The hull was not entered at the 11 June Spirit of Detroit, or 16 July Pringles Classic in Syracuse, NY. CHEERS !!! Bob

Yeah the Heartbreakers Jeff built he sold to Alfred Lanza. I think he still has it. He doesn't run it so much anymore he has one of Jeffs hulls as the Miss Rock.

Back