3D Printed Radio Boxes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Santistevan

Has anyone done anything with this? I am working on several designs and I would like some feedback.
Advantages
1 piece design that won't leak
Ability to design complex shapes
Ability to build internal mounting structures
Integrated boot mounts

Love to hear your thoughts on this.
D

Last edited:
I make the box out of wood and print all the servo mounts. I make changes on the singles by percentage for different servos. Then some are specific the double jumps the stuffing box on a 21 rigger. The multi level is for a tunnel hull.

Attachments

• IMG_4006[1].JPG
    IMG_4006[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I have been printing servo mounts our of TPU.. works a charm!

Attachments

• 20220307_201441 (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    20220307_201441 (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi David
In the first picture showing the servo contactor on the side of box were did you get them.

Thanks
Dave

Completed setup for my A mono. External servo connection block, verified water tight in the sink for over an hour under water.
Hi David
In the first picture showing the servo contactor on the side of box were did you get them.

Thanks
Dave
Those are just 3" servo extensions. The connector block was made to allow three of them to slide in together, You can see that the connector block extends into the inside of the box. Then I just used a few drops of epoxy from the inside to seal the backside of the connectors. The epoxy is too thick to wick into the pins but it made a nice seal.

Back