• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Smokin' Joe's 1/8th Scale Unlimited Hydroplane

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadstoys5

Supporting Member
Well guys this is it. One of the finest boats of its kind in the country (IMO). It won't be cheap but you darn sure can't build it for my asking price either but you know what; the really nice stuff don't come cheap...

This boat was built by Don Ferrette and I was fortunate enough to stumble across it a few years ago and its simply set on my shelf in a climate controlled environment at all times.

I'm going to ask Don to jump in here and give the details on the kit and the build as i simply cannot recall what all that was all I can say is you want to own one bad-a$$ed looking and performing hull this is that rare opportunity to get that accomplished.

I'm selling the boat complete with the CMB .67 greenhead with tuned pipe and in full race trim with all servos and related hardware installed, trimmed and tested.

i have personally never run this boat. I just have too many of them and she sits there looking gorgeous...

$1850.00 or offer

please don't come with any ridiculous offers guys....you know what these boats cost to build, especially one of this quality.

[email protected] or [email protected] or 816-536-3703

thanks, Tom Schaeffer

P1030294.JPG

P1030295.JPG

P1030296.JPG

P1030297.JPG

P1030298.JPG

P1030299.JPG

P1030300.JPG

P1030301.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys and gals here is the "skinny"- it is a Thunderboat Reproductions (Dick Caspari) hull that I built up as the 1994 U-10 Smokin' Joe's. I've built a number of Caspari hulls and other than taking a long time to get they are nice and race extremely well. Rather than get into a long drawn out post I'm going to make it real easy as the build thread is still in the old I/W gallery, hit the plus "+" sign next to the word title in the header bar to put pics in proper order -

http://gallery.intlw...ls.php?album=77

The boat was originally fitted with a MAC 67 and I'm assuming Mike Allen changed it to the CMB green head that now resides in it. Also it appears the sponson bottoms were painted white which was a late '94 - early '95 change the U-10 team did so it's ok like that though I prefer the all yellow but that's just me. I have the paint codes for the PPG and HOK paint I used that I can supply the new owner if needed. As I posted in a WTB thread this boat drove like a dream when I had it, I won a District Championship and a bunch of Concours awards with it. A lot of time and effort went into that build and Tom's asking price is worth it for a turn key Concours quality boat. :)

Tom, I have someone at work that's interested. I'm giving him the contact info so he can contact you outside the forum

Tom had asked us to temporarily mask this for sale thread until he sold off other stuff. He just asked to unmask it so it can be made available again, here you go folks. :)

Back