SK Daddle Too

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro27

I have finally decieded to dust off my kit and finally build it.

(Dumas SK Daddle Too)

Any suggestions as to what motor to use?

Driveline?

Many years ago, i had one powered with a Veco .19 and the stock solid shaft angled driveline.

Today's motors are obviously more powerful. I was thinking of a mid priced ($100) .15 or .18 engine for this one. There are a lot of car/buggy/truck aircooled engines out there in this price bracket. Would these size motors be powerful enough to get it moving at a decent speed? Mid 20's maybe? I'm not looking for a screamer from the get go!

My thinking is this.........if a TRX Pro .15 can push a 4#Nitro Vee to about 20mph, a simular motor can do the same, or better with a wood massaged flat bottom. (lightened bulkheads, thinner sheeting in non-critical areas).

Maybe a car/buggy .21. $20-$30 more in price. Choices are fewer though due to availability of a standard threaded shaft.

Was thinking about an Octura OC4STR-C strudder package for running gear with a .15-.18. An OC6STR-130A if going with a .21.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Recommendations???

Last edited by a moderator:
Sk daddle pic#1

may i suggest a Kierth Black Hemi.

actually I'm putting an O.S.81 VR-M in my SK-daddle,(length 36 in.)that should be about twice what the average hull of this size and type should be able to handle.How long is the SK-daddle Too ?The Octura Strudder is a good choice.

Sorry about the size of the pics.

Sk daddle pic#2

Length is 27" with a 10" beam.

Imagine your SKD a foot shorter, but with the same proportions.

The previous one I had (long time ago) was powered with a Veco .19, MAYBE 1/2hp of power.

A modern .21 would probably make it into an accident waiting to happen that's why I am considering a mid-range ($$-wise) .15/.18 motor (around 1hp).

Or even a lower budget .21 buggy motor like an OFNA .21 P4 or DT TORQ .21.

Pull starter motors, easier on an aging fart. :unsure:

Back