New Video PBC Rapid-Fire .12 Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Perez

Go to http://www.rcflix.com for some more videos

New from Perez Boat Concepts 2004

Hull: PBC Rapid-Fire .12 Nitro Rigger

Type: A-Hydro .12 Rigger

Engine: TRX 2.5 (New T-Maxx 2.5 Engine)

Pipe: Macs .10-.15 Pipe

Prop: Octura 1640 (Stock)

Innovative design that puts your small-block power plant and existing rc car support equipment to good use. No need to worry about belts or starter motors or 12V car/motorcycle batteries or all that other heavy stuff that you have to haul to the pond.

Take your boat, fuel, glow starter and go ballistic.

This is the Nitro Boat Racing kit that the nitro car guys have been waiting for.

No need to find one-of-a-kind flywheels and special hardware that you have to gather from the 4 corners of the known earth -or the Internet.

All that you need is an inexpensive small-block rc car engine:

Air-cooled or water cooled Pull-Start/E-z-start/bump-start engine of your choice with a Traxxas T-maxx flywheel (35mm OD).

WOF Hybrid Construction:

Entire hull is balsa and light ply over foam (WOF) making the boat supper strong, lightweight and very resistant to water. Hull floor and transom are double laminated to provide a solid foundation for hardware and the rest of the power-package.

Inverted Wing Design:

Combines hydrodynamic and aerodynamic lift for a super light footprint and ballistic speeds.

Super Light Tail loading:

Eliminates the need for rear-spoons. Reduces the need for excessive negative thrust angle for the prop -Less thrust to keep the tail up = more thrust to go forward = ballistic Speeds

Easy Launching:

No need to throw boat discus style across the pond to get it on plane. Place the boat on the water; drop the hammer and the hulls unique geometry will quickly get you up on full plane. Watch the hull climb out of the water like an angry pit bull.

Supper low-CG design:

Will allow the hull to remain stable in rough water.

Great Handling:

Wide footprint allows the hull to remain stable in choppy water.

Offset turn fin:

Turn fin is positioned farther away from the boat's centerline allowing a smaller fin to be used -Yet the hull is very responsive and carves corners like it's on rails.

Compatible with all small-block engines on the market today:

Short shaft, long shaft, mid/airplane shaft, SG-Shaft, Traxxas IPS shaft, Associated Pilot shaft.

Four easy ways of starting the engine:

Electric start (E-Z-Start), Pull-Start, bump-start (Starter Box) or with a starter belt (Requires OS marine flywheel) -Your choice!

PBC –Because starting belts suck!

Click -here- to see video (13 Megs) Note: The water was very rough with very strong winds...

http://www.rcflix.com/photopost/data/506/2...pid_Fire_A3.mpg

I would like more info on this boat

You explained it all out and never said what it costs.

Let me know

Tom

Cool idea Eric. I watched Climate's firefighter 12 video on the http://www.rcflix.com site (Rc Nitro Boat Videos page 3) and......

Peter, I've got you all whipped up my man! :D My FF will eat yours for breakfast! teeheehee :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm shooting to have this thing available by late 4th Quarter 2004. I'll be racing the boat at my local club for the remainder of the year and will continue to improve the setup and try different things.

My local pond in Carrollton Texas is quite wild at times -so I'm sure to fnd some setups that will allow the boat to work on many different water conditions.

The cad-work on the boat is in real good shape. I should start getting parts made in the next month or so.

Price is stilll unknown. depends on what's included with the package. I would imagine that price would be in the ball-park of other .12 rigger kits in the market today. I'm planning on including a wooden engine mount to help make the kit more atttractive as a total package.

What a rough crowd :blink:

The boat is really not much larger than most of the .12 wood out there. Tubs about 22 1/2" long, most .21 sized riggers are near the 26" range. If the boat is light enough and the design is dead-on then a little more size should help, not hinder the boats performance.

I guess you could take off the cowl and slap a bigger engine in there -but I'm running a TRX 2.5 and ounce for ounce this is a real hard engine to beat both in Horse Power/Weight and Cash/Horse Power- A potent engine at a reasonable price!

The slide-carb linkage takes a bit of time to setup, but you better hold on when you get it right.

I would not be surprised if performance went down if a .21 that was not on top of the food-chain where installed in a .12 hull.

My advise would be to make the KIT in complete form, Minus ENGINE and Radio stuff. Like hardware and sponsons in there,

Have a bracket for rotory carb or slide carbs.

where they can tell you what they want when ordering it, IM sure they will have a engine or engine in mind when they buy the kit.

I honestly would get a .12 if it came complete with hardware, and engine mounts

Just put in engine and radio stuff and your on your way.

I would much rather have it ALL IN ONE than to buy bits here and there

Tom

Back