Size of correct man made lake

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giuseppe gallegra

Good evening guys, is very probably that i have the possibility of build one small lake for the model boats ( nitro boats and gas boats ). I want know the correct size for to carry out this lake: the lenght, the width and the depth.

Also, i want know, if i can to see one or more similar lake in some website.

Thanks and Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

Giuseppe, as you are building in Italy you will be looking at Naviga rules. The standard courses for FSR-V (endurance) and H (hydro) are to be found in the rules here. The FSR-O (offshore) boat course is the same as the H course. I guess you would need an absolute minimum of 20m around the whole course, more of course being better.

Giuseppe, as you are building in Italy you will be looking at Naviga rules. The standard courses for FSR-V (endurance) and H (hydro) are to be found in the rules here. The FSR-O (offshore) boat course is the same as the H course. I guess you would need an absolute minimum of 20m around the whole course, more of course being better.
Hi Ian, thank you very much for this information, i have to see this website, and i have to see the design with the size for the all competitions, but you know if some people or boater have build one lake for this use, for i have more informations ?

Thanks and Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

Sorry, I don't know of anyone that has built a lake for boating. All the places I know of use existing lakes, rivers or ponds.

For the ideal I guess that the shoreline should be sloping to reduce reflected waves whilst having a step a little from the waterline to stop runaway boats. Safety fencing all the way around would be a bonus.

A site protected from the wind would also enhance the lake.

Build the buoy moorings into the lake bed so that the measurements are exact and it is easy to change from one course to the other. In Norway at the 2006 WC they used powerful magnets to moor the buoys to metal plates on concrete blocks on the lake bed.

Just some of my ideas for the perfect boating lake. Good luck with the project.

Sorry, I don't know of anyone that has built a lake for boating. All the places I know of use existing lakes, rivers or ponds.For the ideal I guess that the shoreline should be sloping to reduce reflected waves whilst having a step a little from the waterline to stop runaway boats. Safety fencing all the way around would be a bonus.

A site protected from the wind would also enhance the lake.

Build the buoy moorings into the lake bed so that the measurements are exact and it is easy to change from one course to the other. In Norway at the 2006 WC they used powerful magnets to moor the buoys to metal plates on concrete blocks on the lake bed.

Just some of my ideas for the perfect boating lake. Good luck with the project.
Hi Jan, thank you very much for all suggestions that you have send my, i have much appreciate this suggestions.

I hope that i can to carry this project, for the moment is only one little dream,but i have the land, and this is one thing important.

Thanks and Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

Latest posts

Back