Silent Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had heard about this over the weekend, but couldn't bring myself to read this until today. John will be missed. Our condolences go out to the Barr Family. Ken

God Bless Marie, Shawn, Stephen, and the entire Barr Family...John is in good hands!

I always enjoyed racing with John. I recall decades of Indy club and national races with him. He was more often than not a guy you had to beat, for racing mistakes from him were rare. I remember every heat started with a handshake and concluded with race analysis and John's crooked grin.

MG

Just a thought. Hext year's Hobart Master's race should be in John's honor. Maybe something like a memorial trophy would really be great. I didn't realize all of his accomplishments until I read his obituary.

John was a do anything well kind of guy.

A great family man, a smart employee, a good entrepenuer, very studious about the arts and the sciences.

He was quiet and reserved but was cabable of drinking most under the table. Most racing accomplishments from John were very calculated.

He was always prepared with good equipment and a solid game plan executed very well.

His sense of humor will be as missed as his presence. Wiping a tear... as I say goodbye John !

I hope to meet up with you again in heaven as I am sure that is where you are.

Ron, Cheryl, Robert and Kristina Van Wagnen

Just heard. My last race with him was Hobart. I cut him off when my rigger hooked but we both continued racing. That doesn't happen to me very often, but it happens. After it was over I put out my hand to him and apologized. He extended his hand and was a good sport about it. That will be the last thing I remember about John. Rest in peace.

Just a thought. Hext year's Hobart Master's race should be in John's honor. Maybe something like a memorial trophy would really be great. I didn't realize all of his accomplishments until I read his obituary.

I have already thought about doing some type of memorial at that race for John
Let's create a travelling Memorial Cup at the IndyMasters for whatever John's favorite class was. I would be more than happy to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stu, my companys, Pro Car Care and Creative Products will pay for the trophy. John was a really top notch guy.

Charles

I have already thought about doing some type of memorial at that race for John
Let's create a travelling Memorial Cup at the IndyMasters for whatever John's favorite class was. I would be more than happy to do this.
I'm in if it needs some sort of wooden base. B)

John`s Class had to be F Hydro. Got to race with John Many times in F Hydro in Indiana.

Stu, Sorry to hear about John. Always thought he was a very nice guy. Lost my brother years ago, still miss him.

Gene VanLancker

Back