Showdown at the OK corral

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the fastest tunnell hull?

• Dumas Sprint

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunlap WOF

• Villain

• HTB

• Maus

• Other

• Total voters

Slideblues

Pick yer weapons and talk about it, when the smoke clears there ought ta be a clear winner!!!!!!

Gene ;D

I will be doin updates on the V2 as the buildup goes along, Stay tuned!!!! ;)

Big D.

Yeah, I did not know till Lohring's post if the LeeCraft's were still in production, excellent idea offering choice of resins. Bandits are hard ta run down if ya get one in front of ya,

Gene ;D

Would the four votes for "other" be a 50/50 split of LeeCraft and Bandit? Is that a fair guess?

Gene ;D

Ron, Come on Dude!!!!, Its not like you ta hold back ;)

HTB HANDS DOWN GREAT PRODUCT AS FOR THE VILLIAN I THINK ITS JUST A LITTLE LIGHT TO RUN IN MOD CLASS BUT THE LEECRAFT IS A GREAT RUNNING HULL ALSO. IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO DRIVERS PREFERANCE. IN THE RIGHT DRIVERS HANDS ANY GOOD SET UP HULL WILL WIN RACES. JUST MY TWO CENTS

GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT TOM

:eek: Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmm I said in the hands of a good driver. i might get me a hired gun to drive for me.lol MY WIFE he he

Tom.

Well by the numbers, We are still a little smokey ???

And comming out of the turn, Its a HTB and a Villain, then a LeeCraft and a Bandit, they are Neck n' Neck!!!! Dicing it out for the lead!!!! With a JD WOF close behind!!! :eek:

Gene ;D

OK, OK, I voted! Mine wasn't in there so I voted for another. I had 2 DPI 3.5's that I really liked even though they were known for a weak transom. I've seen a lot of the Dumas hulls still taking trophies after years and I think that a modded one held a NAMBA record for a while. A friend of mine, Dave Homer, built 2 of the Dunlap WOF's for his sons and both were fast! Haven't seen a Hopper, Leecraft or a Villan run yet but probably will at the Internats. Not impressed with the Maus, too unstable. Fast to me is not that important (OK, it is), the ability to FINISH the race is. I've beat a lot of fast boats because they couldn't.

How's that Gene?

Bravo Ron !!!! I knew ya could not stay out for long ;)

Hey, Looks like there might be a change, Some are pullin ahead!!!!!

Gene ;D

Of 18 possible first, second and third places in all the tunnel hull classes at the 2002 NAMBA Nationals, 10 were won by Leecraft tunnels. The results have been similar for the last several years.

Lohring Miller

Lohring,

Thanks for the stats, I wanted to see a cross section of what everybody's opnions were on the subject. Great responce Guy's!!!! ;)

I have locked the voting, but any further comments always welcome,

Later Dudes,

Gene ;D

Gener

This is a fun post and congrats to the winner. The Hopper Hull is one heck of a good boat and the records prove it.

Now when it come to kit quality and usablity in my opionin the Villian S1 is hard to beat. Think of it this way you would not buy a frying pan with out a handle would you. Of cource not, how would you grab it when it is hot? Digging on you mark just for fun!! ;D Congrats as your hulls are realy great and it is kit builders like you that make this hobby great.

Lohring

Just a reminder that Villains placed 1,4,5,6, stock and 1 in mod heat racing at the Internats this last summer out of a posible 42 combined enterd.

Im not going to say what took 2, 3 in stock (Darn XTR-21s). lol ;D

Grim

The bad thing about LeeCraft is they are really hard to get!!! HTB are easy!!!!! Best of all, if there is a problem with your HTB.... call Mark himself up. He is helpfull, knowledgable, and honors what he sells.

Bill R.

Hey little thing let me light yer candle cause my V-2's too hot ta handle now yes it is!!!!! :eek:

And yes I only voted once :p

Mu,Ha,Ha,Ha

Gene ;D

Hey guys, I've been watching the results and I must say that I am somewhat suprised at the results. I also thought there would be a lot more to vote. Truth is all of these boats are good and each has it's advantages over the other and in the right hands any one is capable of winning. Mark HTB BOATS

Leecraft tunnels should start being lots easier to buy. Right now Al's Hobbies has the XT-460 (7.5 size) in stock, and should have the XTR-21 (3.5 size) in stock before the end of the month.

Lohring Miller

Back