Spring Fling!!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ggillman

Hey Dudes,

I was just thinkin, Yah I know, Lookout here it comes!!!! :eek:

Anyhow, With Grim and the villian, Big Byron and SJ,

Tunnel Bill and Tim D. all pushin it to the max, This Spring might just be a Big Ol' can of Whoopass as far as the speeds go, I am shootin at 55, with a little prop switchin and tweekin I think I will get there.

Then there is Tom and the rigger kits, should see some speed there also. When it thaws out a bit its going to be interesting just how fast everybody goes,

Stay tuned to Intlwaters for all the latest info and updates, I think some records are gonna fall, how about you?

Gene ;D

Hey if I left out anybody, just chime in and tell us what ya got planned for Spring 8)

Now pass the sunblock and the 70% Nitro!!!!!!

Hey we might even talk Grim into runnin a pipe on his tunnel!!!! Well, Maybe not ;)

Maybe the Grimracer needs to have a counter challenge ;D ;D. LOL The way he loves piped motors he needs to put a pipe on the Villian and run it.. Come on Mike ......... :eek:

Just a question.

Does it hurt that bad to get beat by a stock boat? Its sure fun to do!! LOL

I like the personal challenge of competing without a pipe. Less power (relative) forces me learn the hull.

Grimracer

I too ran without a pipe for a long time and it was great fun beating piped boats , but with the newer motor's available such as the CMB green head and the converted Nova's etc. they just make too much power with a pipe setup to ignore.

Besides you can always slow a fast boat down but making a slow boat go fast is a different story!

Tim.

Besides you can always slow a fast boat down but making a slow boat go fast is a different story!

Tim.

What slow boat?

Grim

Good point! Sorry! I should engage brain before typing. HA HA!

I was talking about my own experience and I guess it depends on what you are competing against. If you are racing against 55MPH boats and you are doing 50 you can't help but want to go faster. :'( even if you still win races. Human nature I guess.

Tim

After years of racing I have been able to put meaning to the word fast. Here is how I see it.

Fast: Your boat is fast in a straight line.

Fast: Your boat is fast on the course.

Fast: You're on top of your driving.

When someone tells me that there boat goes 55 or 56 this really means very little to me.

Disclaimer (maybe just me)

I like the bottom two. If I have my boat running well on the course and I'm on top of my game then 8 out of 10 times I will have the fast (top meaning) guys trophy in the mini truck on the way home.

Don't get me wrong however, I like to flex my muscles too. And running fast (top meaning) is a lot of fun. Its just that if I can narrow the bottom two to a single day!! I will most likely have you covered.

You (meaning racers in general)

You're a racer, you understand.

Grimracer

Tell ya what gets me going, Its when I can go online, and get some help from two National Champions, here in the US and half way around the world in Australia, take a old design and mod it out to the max, and get the hull within 5 MPH of the A-mod record in NAMBA,

Dudes thats a prop change away!!!!!!!!!

Again many thanks to you guy's, "The thrill is in the adventure" A quote from Andy Brown.

Gene ;D

Hey Grim,

I agree with you. there are different ways to define fast.

Ultimately if you finish 1st in a race it doesn't matter what your top speed is - correct?

I place more importance on lap times, consistency, and getting the start nailed than top speed with a gun or GPS.

Don't get me wrong - I know you are fast as you have the trophies to back it up.

Gene, you have helped a lot of people out and it is good to see that you are getting help and results in return - Should be a fast year.

Back