Shorty Exhaust for turbine boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Some of the newer boats have a short section of tubing extending out the back of the cowl. Can these pieces be bought or must they be made by hand? If they must be fabricated sizes would be a huge help. The boat I am concerned with is the U-37 2013 Performance Chevrolet. It looks very similar to the 2011 Degree for Men boat. Or may have Just been the Beacon Plumbing boat from 2012 repainted for one race (drop sponson boat).

Thanks in advance, Glenn

Like these? Both are RC Boat Company. The tapered exhaust is mounted on my 2010 U-96 and the straight cone is from Steve's website.

004.JPG

RCBoatCo.com_part_SG200TDE_Turbine_Dummy_Engine_short_cone-150x107.jpg

Yeah Buddy, I'll get in touch with them and try to figure out the one I need.

Many thanks, Glenn

It's the best use of an empty can I have seen. Though the detail work, bolts, rivets, etc. is pretty nice. I cut off a fair portion of the 'can' to both fit better and reduce the weight-though it does not weigh a whole lot. You can get different color 'explosion blankets', just tell him when you order. I got black and then bought some 1/4" blue nylon strapping for mine. I also painted just the can portion with Krylon blue metal flake. I mounted mine to the cowl, which I might regret.

003.JPG

001.JPG

With my 2000 Elam, it's also mounted to the cowl, has not been an issue since the pipe is routed through the transom. In the case of my boat, the can was also cut down to increase the room under the cowl but, at the same time, what was still there was filled with foam to prevent the cowl from sinking should it get dislodged from the hull.

Thanks for the advice guys, This is my first turbine style boat so I never paid much attention to the tubes or Kevlar blankets. I did see one video when Dave V. blew the hot section of the turbine(in a Elam). The blanket was black and tore up bad. A few holes in the boat- but I'm sure it was not Dave's fault
default_smile.png
. Never is nor ever will be.

Back