Shipping

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last engine I bought, was charged GST (5%) plus a handling fee of $9.99. Sometimes you get away without paying anything.....I suppose it all depends on the time of day the parcel hits customs......going hometime....they throw it through. First thing in the morning....they sit on it under their desk for a week.

Last engine I bought, was charged GST (5%) plus a handling fee of $9.99. Sometimes you get away without paying anything.....I suppose it all depends on the time of day the parcel hits customs......going hometime....they throw it through. First thing in the morning....they sit on it under their desk for a week.
Rob,

$9.99, there must be an oil surcharge in there. Lol

Ron

Ups sucks no mater what i thinck.2 years ago i shipped a engine to canada and it never got there still dont know were it is.I had to refund the $ and then had to hasle with insurance,Just to big of a pain

I had this discussion on Jim's Boat Dock a while back. A certain seller refused to sell to me because I was Canadian. His ad said nothing about ''lower 48''. To my surprise, I had many friendly US neighbours offering to have the item shipped to them in the US and they would in turn re-ship it to me in Canada for no charge.

WOW! Now that is what I call nice. Too bad not everyone in our hobby is as helpful when it comes to shipping.

A few years ago I sent a Mugen road car to Canada that was $800 brand new, buyer asked me to reduce the price so GST would not kill him. So I did like a dummy. Well guess what it got lost in never never land and I got the insured amount of $200 and was out the $600 left over. NEVER NEVER AGAIN shipping to Canada.

Addres it correctly and send it with a legitimate value. I have never has an issue.

Thank you to those who will ship overseas

I have bought and sold, shipped and received many hobby items to the USA from Canada and back over the last 20+ years

Never once had a problem,might have waited longer than the typical 2 weeks delivery time once in a while but thats it

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago I sent a Mugen road car to Canada that was $800 brand new, buyer asked me to reduce the price so GST would not kill him. So I did like a dummy. Well guess what it got lost in never never land and I got the insured amount of $200 and was out the $600 left over. NEVER NEVER AGAIN shipping to Canada.
I've been screwed as well but it didn't make me bitter, just smarter and more aware. This was a transaction with a guy from Spokane that was shipping to my friends place in Michigan so it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the border. Here's a little reading material for you all...

http://www.rctech.ne...seller-bad.html

On a positive note... I got several PM's from people that were in the middle of a deal with this guy and stopped because of my post on the feedback forum. Just saving one person made it all feel a whole bunch better.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been screwed as well but it didn't make me bitter, just smarter and more aware. This was a transaction with a guy from Spokane that was shipping to my friends place in Michigan so it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the border. Here's a little reading material for you all...

http://www.rctech.ne...seller-bad.html

On a positive note... I got several PM's from people that were in the middle of a deal with this guy and stopped because of my post on the feedback forum. Just saving one person made it all feel a whole bunch better.

Ron
Good deal, thats all you can do unless you can get the authorities to pay him a visit.....

Sounds like this fawker was supporting his hobby off the internet.....$$$$$

I have sent stuff everywhere,once on a while I get burned. If I know you I will ship but nothing big like a boat

Sounds like this fawker was supporting his hobby off the internet.....$$$$$
Yes Rob, Corey was a real jem. If you notice all the "suspended" members, they are all his alias's. He would actually get on there under another I.D. and tell everyone what a scum bag Corey was. It's actually pretty funny now when I look back. He scammed a lot of people and as far as I know has never done time. Not for these scams anyway. Apparently he frequents jail on a regular basis for domestic assults and various other internet scams.

Ron

Back