Shipping

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_fons

Supporting Member
What gives people….. I have noticed a growing trend of only selling in the lower 48 (US only)?

Is it that much of a problem shipping outside of the US?

Some of us Canadians would love to buy some of the products that are on sell on IW.

I have personally purchased a few things off this site prior to this trend with no problems..

Just a thought..

Fons

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to fill out lots of forms,.. often takes forever,.. people start calling you thinking you didn't send things.. it's just not easy

You have to fill out lots of forms,.. often takes forever,.. people start calling you thinking you didn't send things.. it's just not easy
Funny when I ship to the USA (always Canada Post) all they ask is what's in the box and the value , and off it goes.

Wonder why it's so different ?

Tim

Funny when I ship to the USA (always Canada Post) all they ask is what's in the box and the value , and off it goes.

Tim
It doesn't make sense, I can have stuff sent to me from Canada and it gets here in a reasonable amount of time. Shipping into Canada is another story entirely, seems like it takes forever to get to it's destination regardless of going first class, Priority or parcel post. And using UPS into Canada ... forget it. Been down that road before and won't do it again. Right now there's a set of pipes that went first class mail and still haven't arrived...........

The US Post Office is worried that we are sending aid to terrorists. So, there is a form to fill out while everyone stands in line behind you wondering why you are taking so long. Then, the postal clerk has to re enter the entire form's information into a computer, which I guess checks to see if the sender or recipient is a suspected terrorist.

The people in line are mad at you, the postal clerk is mad at you, and you've done nothing wrong.

They have made it a pain in the neck to ship or mail anything from the USA to a different country.

Al Hobbs

In Canada there is usually just one form to fill out. I agree though that some people are very impatient and do not understand the shipping time required. I think its more important to make sure the value of the item is on the package so the Canadian government can collect their 5% gst and then their handling charge. I always wonder about the handling charge because those people are already paid by the government but still charge a handling fee? Like everything though, we are taxed to no end.....but living here in Alberta where oil flows underfoot, I suppose its the price we pay for being the richest province in Canada.

I always let people know I'm in no rush as the water is tough here at this time of year. And the goods always arrive eventually.

I don't like to ship anything out side the states anymore.I sent a tank to the land down under and the tank is still lost in the mail some where.

I don't like to ship anything out side the states anymore.I sent a tank to the land down under and the tank is still lost in the mail some where.
I can understand when shipping outside north america, I was bidding on a product out of Australia and the seller warned the purchaser that there could be a problem with the postal service in Australia.

Tim
It doesn't make sense, I can have stuff sent to me from Canada and it gets here in a reasonable amount of time. Shipping into Canada is another story entirely, seems like it takes forever to get to it's destination regardless of going first class, Priority or parcel post. And using UPS into Canada ... forget it. Been down that road before and won't do it again. Right now there's a set of pipes that went first class mail and still haven't arrived...........
Shipping anything to Canada via UPS is the worst way to ship. UPS charges high brokerage fees and will hold the package as ransom untill you pay up. I once bought a $35 Fox 35 controline engine that UPS wanted $45 for shipping charges on top of the $12 I already paid for shipping to the vendor. That was the most expensive used Fox 35 ever!!!!

And then I once bought a garmin GPS update disc and was unnaware that the company shipped it UPS..... $75 shipping at UPS plus the $15 shipping from the company on top of the $125 price tag for the disc. I told UPS to stick that disc where the sun don't shine and hopefully the hole in the middle wouldn't restrict them too much..... :p

Lessons learned; Always confirm shipping arrangements!!!!

Or, Have it shipped to Al Hobbs home address.......lol

I sent a boat to Jason Jury in Australia by paddle boat once......took 3 months but it got there.....must have been a slow Koala on the mainland..... :p

In over twenty years of shipping things back and forth I have only had one package lost ( small package), it arrived about two months late .

Very rare that anything I buy from the U.S. takes more than two weeks to reach me.

Tim

Did you know its cheaper to ship things to the states than it is from province to province in Canada?

I am also not shipping to Canada. Been there done that and got the T-shirt.

Just because its in the same chunk of land lock does not mean its easy to get there.. thats has NOTHING to do with it.

I chose not to ship there and part of it is EVERY TIME i get involved in that the purchaser "seems to ask" me to "adjust" the value.. I chose not to do this. Not worth the headache to me.

Grim

I don't see the problem shipping any place it's a one page form you can do on your computer, take it to any post office or have them pick it up with clicknship and it's over. As far as delays with customs every one just has to under stand that it's out of your control.

Did you know its cheaper to ship things to the states than it is from province to province in Canada?
Yes expensive for province to province in canada because I blame postal service make high salary than US postal low pay :blink:

I am also not shipping to Canada. Been there done that and got the T-shirt.

Just because its in the same chunk of land lock does not mean its easy to get there.. thats has NOTHING to do with it.

I chose not to ship there and part of it is EVERY TIME i get involved in that the purchaser "seems to ask" me to "adjust" the value.. I chose not to do this. Not worth the headache to me.

Grim
I will not play games with the value any more that is the only real problem I ever got my self into

I had learn lesson about international so never send again " Big Box " sample : boat 38" to 50 " UPS Brown truck and They charge me :huh: cost $500.00 over for shipping . I can send only small box sample: engine, pipe or props by airmail No problem.

Latest posts

Back