Shipping

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the most part; I just buy.....buy.....buy......lol

Boats I hand deliver.....as in the last scale going to washington..... small parts like engines are never an issue.

Just have to be patient as the customs dudes take their sweet time.....

I had learn lesson about international so never send again " Big Box " sample : boat 38" to 50 " UPS Brown truck and They charge me :huh: cost $500.00 over for shipping . I can send only small box sample: engine, pipe or props by airmail No problem.
I had learn lesson about international so never send again " Big Box " sample : boat 38" to 50 " UPS Brown truck and They charge me :huh: cost $500.00 over for shipping . I can send only small box sample: engine, pipe or props by airmail No problem.
When buying from the US I have found any boxed hulls over 36" long are Gunna cost big $$$'s unless the person shipping has a contact at the LPO. Most 21 size boats are fine, and very cheap to ship out of the US, anything bigger and shipping can cost as much the hull.

I can understand why some sellers in the US won't ship out of the lower 48, but when the same seller is seen purchasing from international members and expects them to ship to the US, it's frustrating to see.

I say it's a shame that people won't go through a little extra paperwork to ship outside their own country. I've been both the shipper and receiver for over 30 years now and have still yet to lose a package. Yes, some times it takes longer (customs etc) and yes, I'm sure there are lost packages. But this happens with your own courier/postal system. I could go on and on but the real shame is that you arn't willing to help a neighbouring Country that shares the same border, even worse you won't help out a fellow boater.

Ron

Well said Ron , and thankyou to those that do, it only makes our little toy boat hobby stronger.

Tim

What ever happened to free trade?????? Very true about the time it takes but like Rob says the water up here is pretty solid and will be for the time to come!!!! Time to repair and build new boats!!!! But that requires parts and engines and wood plus all the other goodies to finish it!!! Hope every one can work things out as we are involded in a great hobby!!!

Brad

Its no big deal to me really.... If ya don't want to ship internationally, then so be it. Everyone has a choice and its a free society. I sell stuff to anywhere and buy from whom I can as long as the shipping is reasonable. The only problem area for me has been to Australia, its always a waiting game as its very expensive to ship there but getting engines from Hobby Supplies (CMB dealer) has been very affordable and most times cheaper than used from other places closer to home......

I shipped a $300.00 package to Canada one time and I person didn't get it and I had to refund his money and I got screwed on the hole deal.

Dave

I just sent a motor to Canada via- USPS , no forms to fill out and it arrived in a pretty timely manner. That said , I had a rigger come out of Canada several years back that took forever to get to Fl.

Andy

Beats me, when I lived in the US up until 2004 I never had any trouble sending stuff back to New Zealand. Now I'm back living in New Zealand I've bought quite a bit of stuff from people on here who will ship out of the lower 48 and had one issue with a pack of terta fittings that never made it. I only ever use first class mail too.....go figure?

I shipped a $300.00 package to Canada one time and I person didn't get it and I had to refund his money and I got screwed on the hole deal.

Dave
You could have the same thing happen as well shipping within the states.....just sayin...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back and forth from US to Canada always ship with tracking. USPS or Canada post. Always easier and I have never lost a package. To Aus is a whole other story. You could ship it the fastest way possible and there is no assurance it will be in the hands on the reciever within two months of the estimated delivery date.

Thank you to those of you that have shipped items to me here in Australia in the past. I do appreciate that it can be a pain in the azz and sometimes there are delays beyond your control. Plus I know only too well we are on the other end of the planet and fully expect stuff to take a while to arrive.

I've been receiving parcels from individuals in the US for many years via USPS air mail, and no problems . I'd say probably 1 parcel a month on average for the last 15 or so years.

I did have one parcel go missing from Tower hobbies, and as I was able to prove that it never made it into the country I was issued with a refund. I am no longer allowed to purchase from Tower unless I use FEDEX/UPS, which is way too expensive, so therefore Tower don't get my business any more. I can understand their point, but my $55 refund has essentially stopped me from placing numerous orders for considerably more money.

I had one prop go missing from here to the US, but other than that the only time I have had an issue was with Tower.

Exporting from the US brings in money into the US economy from foreign economies. It might not be much in our terms, but lots of small amounts add up, and this hobby is only one of thousands of hobbies that have a similar scenerio of helping out or selling to others of similar interests.

Also, with the fluctuations in exchange rates, Australian's can essentially buy stuff now that they couldn't afford or justify when our dollar was in the toilet at 48 cents. ;)

I have no problem shipping anywhere. What kills me is it costs more to ship the same box and weight to Bermuda than Australia. The US post office is very inconsistent with overseas shipping rates in my opinion.

your right tim the aussie dollar seems to be the strength of our problems with some stuff. after all we are only buying hobby items not stocking shelves in shops.also it would depend on the persons knowledge of getting the goods out without red tape holding it or costing a fortune.

Had a hull 30" shipped from US to OZ at a cost of $55 shipping & arrived in under 2 weeks. I'd like to say thanks also to all the people helping the ozzies out with shipping international. I can tell you right now, if you didn't ship the products we wouldn't ever get the chance to own or run some of the great products from the US ;) :)

I'm with Tim, thanks guys for shipping numerous packages to the Netherlands. In all those years I still have received 100% of the packages.

I always buy from people I trust, thatway I'll know they send out the package and will not blame them in case a package would get lost. Cross my fingers to keep the perfect score.

Like my other Aussie mates, I'd like to say a big thank you to all the guys who are prepared to ship out here. There's a lot we couldn't do without your help :) For those who don't ship, no problem. :)

Some shipping issues to Aussie that can happen, but can be avoided.

1) Addressed incorrectly - through an error by either party or computer truncation of a too-long address, wrong format, etc. Package gets returned home.

2) Sending a parcel by the wrong shipping method - box to big for Australia Post's rules at this end is one example. Just sits in the clearance depot until they get in touch,,,, sometime.

3) Using packaging materials that infringe quarantine laws and gets caught by the sniffer dogs or random inspection. 2-3 months delay while fumigated

4) Random customs inspection....

5) Breaking the $1000 GST (tax) barrier and not having enough contact details on the parcel. Can get sent back or just waits until they work out how to contact you.

I had a customer in the Netherlands email me this morning telling me it cost him 21.00 euros to get his package. Is this an import tax?

Ryan,

My experience is that there is always a chance that the receiver will pay tax. Here in Canada there's a chance that Customs wants to open the package and take a look inside. If this happens you are looking at a week or two delay with a charge for the local tax and a $5.00 surcharge. Kinda funny that customs will hold the package up a week or two and charge you a fee to do so. Lol Either way, as long as the purchaser is willing to pay I don't see why it would matter to the seller.

Ron

Latest posts

Back