Shipping 1/8th Scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask that of Saymikey as he shipped one to me last October that came through fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask that of Saymikey as he shipped one to me last October taht came through fine
Been using Fedex ground around $100 each way. Make the box strong but small as you can get by with. Where is it going Mike?
just shipped a large hull 70", from ILL, To the east coast, for $17 plus insurance, it has to be under 108" total length and girth, USPS, been shipping with the post office for a long time, never a problem, make sure you pack it well.

John R.

Ask that of Saymikey as he shipped one to me last October taht came through fine
Been using Fedex ground around $100 each way. Make the box strong but small as you can get by with. Where is it going Mike?
just shipped a large hull 70", from ILL, To the east coast, for $17 plus insurance, it has to be under 108" total length and girth, USPS, been shipping with the post office for a long time, never a problem, make sure you pack it well.

John R.
What did you use for a container? I think it was Don Fereette that told me that the boxes that un assembled bicycles come in make a good box. This boat is all assembled with motor, pipe, ect.

John R.
What did you use for a container? I think it was Don Fereette that told me that the boxes that un assembled bicycles come in make a good box. This boat is all assembled with motor, pipe, ect.
Yup, that was me. Bicycle boxes are very strong and often you can find one that the boat fits (with cowl and tail feathers off of course) which will fit into a slighter larger bike box for double protection. Best of all they're FREE as most bike shops will gladly let you take what you need. One word of advice is to pick a bigger bike shop that sells alot, they'll always have boxes. I've been lucky enough to stumble upon a guy who's retired and started his own box biz right here in town, he'll make me anything I need at about 1/4 of what a packaging place would want to make you the same box and his quality is off the charts. that being said had I not hooked up with this guy I'd still be using bicycle boxes. :)

John R.
I work at a Ford dealer,we put a lot of radiators in 6.4 Super Duty Trucks. Box is a perfect fit for a modern scale boat

Look at stores that sell LARGE flat screen tv's also, very nice boxes. I purchased a 60" back in November, and kept the box just for that purpose.

ABC Warehouse, Bestbuy ect...

Last edited by a moderator:
Guitar shops are good places too, the cases come in cardboard boxes....but have to agree with the above....hard to beat a bicycle box.

Back