SG vs SGX CMDI

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello
why is the SGX a better boat than the SG ?

Richard
Richard,

I think that's a matter of opinion. I had an SG A hydro that in my opinion ran way better than most SGX I raced. I sold the boat to a friend and in return he gave me a gas cat ready to run brand new. Anyway, I think most people would say that the SGX is a faster boat due to it's lower profile and that the SG is more stable boat but not as fast...

Lorenzo

Hello
why is the SGX a better boat than the SG ?

Richard
I agree with Lorenzo, I think most people think the SGX is a better boat because it is the newest thing out in a long line of awesome boats. I got rid of the three SGX's that i had and went back to my older SG's. In my opinion the SGX's are more twitchy and too responsive at high speeds. Don't get me wrong, I can put my SG's where I want when I want, but the SGX's always seemed like a gamble making an inside pass at full speed. In my opinion the SG's are more stable, planted, and easier to race and drive! And for SGX's being faster than SG's, I think it is all in the motor and setup.

Cliff

SG vs SGX both good :D Many reason things upgrade top or flat winglets and rear 1,2 or 3 shoe sponsons. I knew that SGX just only improve better hand and big tank( more time) I hardly tell compare better one ;) one thing key: good driver skill :D

Actually the 21 SG is faster than the SGX, but the SG was a little unsable when we tried to race it at 70+.

So we designed the SGX to stay on the water better at the higher sppeds, which it does. However, the SGX is in fact more sensitive to rudder input. The wider 1" blade helped tame this problem. John liked the way it drove, but I did'nt, so that promted me to build the SGX-ONE. This boat stays on the water at the higher speeds like the SGX, but is very predictable

in the corners like the SG.

I won the 2004 World Champs with the SGX-ONE.

The 21 SGX-2 is now under developement and is for the purpose to handle the extra power that our new 21 engie will have.

I've never owned an SG but do have several SGX's and the 21 SGX-ONE. They all handle extremely well for me! Some people say that they are terrible heat racing/rough water boats but I have had good success heat racing with my SGX's after they are dialed in and set up correctly.

-Buck-

:)

ps Nice avitar AB! You've already made enough $$ with your machine to buy a Bugatti?? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never owned an SG but do have several SGX's and the 21 SGX-ONE. They all handle extremely well for me! Some people say that they are terrible heat racing/rough water boats but I have had good success heat racing with my SGX's after they are dialed in and set up correctly.
-Buck-

:)

ps Nice avitar AB! You've already made enough $$ with your machine to buy a Bugatti?? :p
"Some people say that they are terrible heat racing/rough water boats"

LOL....I don't have time now, but I could go back to the begining of of SG and add up all of the top 3 places at the IMPBA/NAMA nationals and the NAVIGA world champs........and guess what! The number of trophies won by SG/SGX's

will far out number any other brand.

Buck,

If it wasn't for the camara that I owned BEFORE the machine, I wouldn't even have a PHOTO of a Bugatti! LOL

Hello

I race the SGX-One and I am very pleased with the way it performs.

The best part is that it is very predictable, precise in steering and handle rough racing water well.

I use a slightly wider sponson stance, 3/4" wider than original, and I find it to be even better in choppy water with this set-up. I do not use the rear centre sponson, again, for me it performs even better i bad water without it.

I have won many races with the SGX-One including the World Championship 2006.

At the Worlds we race 8 boat heats and many of them takes it to the finish so the race water gets bad after a few laps, especially in the larger classes, we race 21, 45 and 90.

It will be interesting to give the new SGX-Two a go soon.

All the best

Jorgen

I have an SG40 and it tolerates crappy water conditions well , the only change I made was to have a custom tank made with extra capacity so I could launch earlier without running too close on fuel . Great Boat !

I have an SG40 and it tolerates crappy water conditions well , the only change I made was to have a custom tank made with extra capacity so I could launch earlier without running too close on fuel . Great Boat !

Yeah that thing is a nitro hoggin' turd... LOL

Zach

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah I have an SG21 and love it... I haven't had the opportuinity to run and SGX yet but plan too soon. I have no problems keeping up though.

Back