Eagle sg

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxyflash

So Adam has this eagle sg it’s 41 inch long tub.Supposedly Dick Jones had this boat built to his specs.Im going to rebuild it she’s in rough shape.Looks like when it was first built had two rear ride pads.Then there’s a center shoe added as it’s in wood grain and out ride pads are painted.Its going to need a new cowl and rudder assembly to start with.Its this boat a 80 boat?

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpeg
    IMG_0632.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Does anyone know the size of the rubber grommets for the engine bolts these are totally worn out.

Does anyone know the size of the rubber grommets for the engine bolts these are totally worn out.
I may be able to help you with the grommets....measure hull side thickness, mounting screw OD- both head and threaded diameters- and hole diameter in tub. I've a bunch of them for different size hydros, all new from M-C, fuelproof and correct durometer.
If I've the right size, I'll just send you some.

Timbo here’s what I got tub side wall thickness is 1/4 inch hole size in tub is 13/32 but there’s paint in the holes bolt size is 1/4 inch I found one new grommet the middle outside measured. About .425 that’s where it fits into the hole if you don’t have them no big deal as I found one new one that’s not mushed out.

Timbo here’s what I got tub side wall thickness is 1/4 inch hole size in tub is 13/32 but there’s paint in the holes bolt size is 1/4 inch I found one new grommet the middle outside measured. About .425 that’s where it fits into the hole if you don’t have them no big deal as I found one new one that’s not mushed out.
Ok, give me a day, or two....all my fastener stuff is in storage....quite certain I have them.

Sounds good next few days going to aircraft strip the paint off.Got the hardware out of the hull had a hell of time getting the strut and drive shaft tube out of stuffing box.The hull must of had a drum style motor then later on had a disk motor the stuffing box was extended and soldered along with the flex shaft tube so I tried a soldering gun but couldn’t get it all heated so had to resort to a mini torch.By the time I got it freed the ski on on the bottom was pealing off so I ended up resheeting the ski.I also rebuilt the stuffing box and reinforced it so now you can slide the the flex shaft tube in and out.The tub had the plastic pushrod mounts glued in I drilled them out install woods pushrod mounts.Heres a couple pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpeg
    IMG_0641.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Sounds good next few days going to aircraft strip the paint off.Got the hardware out of the hull had a hell of time getting the strut and drive shaft tube out of stuffing box.The hull must of had a drum style motor then later on had a disk motor the stuffing box was extended and soldered along with the flex shaft tube so I tried a soldering gun but couldn’t get it all heated so had to resort to a mini torch.By the time I got it freed the ski on on the bottom was pealing off so I ended up resheeting the ski.I also rebuilt the stuffing box and reinforced it so now you can slide the the flex shaft tube in and out.The tub had the plastic pushrod mounts glued in I drilled them out install woods pushrod mounts.Heres a couple pictures.
My apologies.....the biggest I have right now are for .187" thk panel, .187" ID......

However, here's what you need-

https://www.mcmaster.com/9307K39/

IMG_20240311_231313992.jpg

Found the grommets same size as a ceiling fan blade grommet.Stripped the boat needs a final sanding before I epoxy seal it.filled a few imperfections with wood putty.Adam ordered some cowls from Phil Thomas.Fitted it to the tub but was a 1/4 short in the tongue in front so I glued a 1/4 strip of g10 to fill the gap I also cut two pieces for radio box lid and bait box lid.Heres a few pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0643.jpeg
    IMG_0643.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0642.jpeg
    IMG_0642.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0641.jpeg
    IMG_0641.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Wasn’t easy I thought I was done rebuilding for the winter then Adam shows up with this project being Dick Jones old boat I wanted it nice and the right way was to gut it and strip it custom mounts for speedmaster hardware milled and mounted the engine strip the hull rebuild stuffing box new cowl and fit it.Been a busy two weeks.

Temp was good today windy but doable.Want this project done.I found some old Imron paint from my daughters 20 eagle medium blue matches Adam ram truck he really like the color so I painted the sponsons cowl radio and bait box lids.Painted the tub orange.Hard to believe the date code on imron was 2001

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpeg
    IMG_0650.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0648.jpeg
    IMG_0648.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    995 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0646.jpeg
    IMG_0646.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Temp was good today windy but doable.Want this project done.I found some old Imron paint from my daughters 20 eagle medium blue matches Adam ram truck he really like the color so I painted the sponsons cowl radio and bait box lids.Painted the tub orange.Hard to believe the date code on imron was 2001
Wow that stuff must have been in a cool dry place! Looks good!

Here’s the eagle sg 21 from 2001 the paint has been in the basement on the top shelf found it two weeks ago I was happy it turned out I started on the lids and was happy

Attachments

• IMG_0322.jpeg
    IMG_0322.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
Back