Sept. 21 - 22, 2013 Kohlmeyer Classic Evansville, IN Scale Boat Pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dasboatman

Here are the pics I took at the race of Scale boats. Not all of the boats were lined up for Concours judging, so I roamed the pit trying to get a pic of each boat. Thanks Phil for filling in a couple holes. Jeff's Results print out showed 21 boats entered. I had two additional - Mike Board's U-6 Oberto and Tim Strange's U-100 Coors. CHEERS !!! Bob

Here are the remainder of the pics I have. Hopefully all were listed, and the proper name attached to the correct hull.

I really enjoyed the race. First time I've been in Indiana. See you next year. CHEERS !!! Bob

I was informed my wild ass guess on the second Coors Light was incorrect - the boat belongs to Jeff Austin. My bad.

Hey Mikey,

It pays to advertise my Friend.

I'm up for 30 scale boats for the 2014 race. Sounds like fun. I believe we had 52 scale boats at the Muncey race in San Diego back in '92 - '93 time frame. The race last weekend was the best numbers I've seen for Scale and Sport 40 in a long while.

I'll have to start a training program so I'll. Be able to handle Rick's four classes. He messes with me, and I'll. Bring my Classic Thunderboat (CT) next year. Oops!!! Just remembered he has one also. Back to the drawing board. Har, Har!!! I'd best start wind sprints and an intensive weight training program so I can haul the CTs around. We're gonna need reconfigured trailer stowage racks too. Har, Har !!!

CHEERS!!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mark,

Sam and Ken are correct. If you click on each pic you'll se that the owner of the boat comes up at the bottom of the pic. I did this so the particular livery could be associated with the owner and hopefully give someone with similar hull a point of contact.

My guess was wrong for the second U-100 Coors Light. There were two at the race. One belonged to Jeff Austin, the second belongs to my partner - Rick Bellinger.

Are you going to the NW Championships next weekend??? Take some pics and label them with owner's name, hull name, and whether it's 1/8th Nitro or Electric, 1/6th Scale Gas, or 1/7th Scale Electric. Maybe we can get more people interested in Scale again. Chris Denslow's pics are Great, but with identifying data - - they would be a lot better. OK - - - 1/7 scale electrics race CCW.

Thanks for the Livery column on the results page, Jeff. You saved my bacon !!!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Bob, I'll only be able to make it on Friday afternoon due to other commitments so pictures will probably not be possible.

Hey Mark,

Take and annotate what you can on Friday. Anything is better than nothing.

Hopefully someone else at the race will take pics and annotate them for the benefit of the group.

Rod D. will be there and takes excellent running pics. I'm sure there will be others taking pics too. It pays to advertise guys.

I'm very curious as to the numbers of all the different classes that will be run. Marty has Big All chained to the judges stand all weekend, so I think I'll have the administrative side covered for info. Marty assured me he'd throw the Olde CD a sandwich every once in a while to keep him going.

Let's face it Marty, Big Al just flat LOVES to talk. Hand him a mike and he's in Water's Heaven !!!!!!!!! Har, Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Brian S has the fastest scale right now in D14. That thing is badass quick.

bob,

THANK YOU for the scale photos from the Evansville race. very helpful to see the captions, great looking boats.

hoping we'll see similar photos from the PNWTA scale race.

dave w.

Back