1/8 Scales in D14

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Schindler

Gents,

1/8 Scales are booming in D-14 and I would like to gather some info on the boats to create a page on our district site.

What I would like to do is have something similar to the guys out west Unlimited NW http://unlimitedsnw.org/ or RCU http://rcunlimiteds.org/

I spent about an hour compiling a list of Scale boats in D-14, but I accidently closed that window so please excuse me if I left you out. If you need added, edited, or removed from this list please let me know. I would eventually like a pic of your model and will track the 2012 points series with Chris. Please register your scale with Chris Thornton D14 Scale Director soon!

Jeff Austin - 1979 U-31 Miss Circus Circus (2)

Mike Board - 1994 U-10 Smokin' Joe's (1)

James Ellet - 2008 U-6 Oh Boy! Oberto (10)

Wes Ellet - 2010 U-37 Miss Degree For Men (1)

Carl Graff - 1983 U-40 Miss Houston

Rick Grim - 19?? U-7 Notre Dame (?)

Ryan Hobby - 1993 U-2 Miss T-Plus (2)

Aaron Johnson - 1993 U-31 Miss Circus Circus (5)

Jack Land - 1994 U-9 Miss Exide II

Harvey Liberman - 1968 U-12 Miss Budweiser (6)

Don McKay - 1985 U-7-11 Miss 7-ELEVEN

Doug Shepherd - 2010 U-37 Miss Peters & May (1)

Mike Schindler - 1983 U-40 American Speedy Printing (Blue)

Jeff Schindler - 1992 U-8 Tide (1)

Brian Schymik - 1999 U-100 Miss Pico (1)

Matt Schymik - 2999 U-20 Appian Jeronimo (3)

Tim Strange - 1972 U-1 Miss Budweiser (6)

Phil Thomas - 1971 U-8 Miss Timex (2)

Chris Thornton - 1983 U40 American Speed Printing (Red)

Mike Zaborowski - 1982 U-55 Oh Boy! Oberto (4)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great idea what boats do youneed pictures of? You could collect them at theMay race

Phil Thomas - 1971 U-8 Miss Timex (2) What is the (2) mean on the listing?

Are were keeping the D -14 scale points for 2012 ( WITH THE DRIVER) or (WITH THE BOAT ) ?

Jeff,your registration idea is great.Keep it going.Small edit on my boat.I have the 68 Bud U-12.Tim Strange has the 72 Bud U-1.

See ya in May.

Harvey

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,with Gas Scale just starting to evolve,it would be great to do the same thing there. I know there is more than one 8255 hull being built.I don't know if all the builders know what each other is building.It will be good at the races if each boat is distinct.

I am building a Bud T-6,powered by an RCMK RZ which I hope to have moded by the time the boat hits the water.

Jeff, is there a way to tie this thread to the scale forum to insure that all the scale guys see it?

Harvey.

Chris, That is good news to here on the points going to driver. I will be registering my scales boats with you shortly Doug

I made some edits to the list. Being that the points go with the driver, I would still like to keep documentation on who had what boats.

Sounds like a great idea what boats do youneed pictures of? You could collect them at theMay race

Phil Thomas - 1971 U-8 Miss Timex (2) What is the (2) mean on the listing?
Phil, the number (2) means thats the second boat that raced as a Miss Timex. Its an index used in the book Hydro's Who's Who that trys to keep track of all the boats.

For example, Tim and Harvey have the same boat Miss Budweiser (6) but they are different years. There were 21 Miss Buds! Wes has the Degree for Men(1) because in 2011 the Miss Degree for Men ran on a different boat.

Looks like a good start to the D-14 2012 Scale boat season and a big THANKS goes out to Jeff. Madison might be a little more open this year in turn 2. We are working on getting the bank moved back 20 feet to open up the turn. This will make for 6 wide boat racing in Madison !

Last edited:
Back