Seen on the rec.models.rc.water newsgroup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a guy in our boat club that delt with this guy not in ebay actions but thru some for sale board and had several transactions with this guy and they went good and thenhe had a real bad transaction where this fellow was supposed to build him a new boat with one of those quick draw gas motors. The guy in our club sent him the money and never got a boat. This has been more than 2 1/2 years now. Needless to say this guy is no longer in boating. I would use extreme caution.

Allen Waddle

I am willing to contribute! ;D

If each member on this board was to donate at least $1.00, we would have over $800! :eek: That would certainly cover the cost of the 1st one, & have enough to get a really awesome boat setup!

Tom, maybe you could put something on the main page about this.
I can't get anything up on the main page! it's messed up!

:) Hi there this is Jennifer!

First of all I just want to say that I think it's very kind and thoughtful of anyone to want to help out. To awnswer some of your questions...

My father is involved in helping me help my little brother get his money back. The reason I am taking the matter into my own hands is because I am the one with the time to pursue it and my dad is not very internet savvy. I did file Internet Fraud against this person as well as a complaint with ebay. At first ebay gave me the bruch off but after I e-mailed them with more details they have agreed to cooperate with law enforcement in any way they can but on their own they can't do much. I have all the documents to support my allegations. I also found messges posted on a board from 1999 where people were discussing this guy ripping off other people so right away I knew this was a pattern with him. I feel he is an embarrassment to the hobby and I think that everyone should be aware of him so that there will be no more victims of his dishonesty. He can threaten to sue me all he wants but I have all the proof I need and am coompletely confident that I have nothing to fear. I know that he has perfect feedback on ebay which is exactly why I felt safe dealing with him. Unfortunately feedback is not fool proof and can be faked and solicited as well. It's sad but there are some out there that are more than willing to exploit the feedback system for their own gain. The information that I have gathered on thie individula leads me to the conclusion that he has basically been stealing from people for years and it is time that someone put a stop to his crimes. I am determined to see this through and pursue it until I get my brothers money back. I am even prepared to travel to Arizona if need be. We have family there anyway and visit often so making a small trip to law enforment there would not be a big deal. Unfortunately with anything that must go through a legal process takes time and in the meantime by brother is still out the money and has not Rustler. I even sent Mr. McNair a copy of some of the messages pertaining to him ripping people off and his defense was "that was four years ago." I hardly think that is a defense to me if proves he has a long history being dishonest. I posted about this so that other people have a head up and can steer clear of him. If anyone has any info regarding other victims please e-mail me so that I can contact them. It could be very beneficial to our case. Thanks again!!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Ulrich

Why didn't you say that it was Erik McNair in the first place? This clown has a history of ripping people off. He has the nerve to show his face at races and has even had it in RCBM and I've seen his name in race results. People must be helping ot pay for his Hobby. Of course, him and others like Mark Williamson a.k.a. headrcboats and others still have the nerve to show up at races. Unfortunately the sanctioning bodies can't do anything to them because of their daily activites so they get away with it.

Yes, it is Erik McNair. He actually claimed to me that he no longer runs boats due to the high cost but my guess was that he ripped off one too many people in the boating comminuty and as a result has been ostracized to some degree. I can't imagine how this guy has the nerve to show his face at races with the knowledge that so many people are aware of his history of dishonesty. But he is not the first person like this I have delt with and it has been my personal observation that these types truly don't care about others opinion of them. Nor do they care about the fact that they are stealing peoples hard earned money so no matter what you say to them it will not sink in and it will never embarrass them enough to change their behavior. It is really about time that something is done about him. I had no idea when all of this began that I would find out so much information regarding other people he has victimized. I just went online and did a little detective work to see what if anything I could find out about him. I am a collector and know that hobby communities are usually small and after being part of one for a while you get to know the other people involved in your hobby. I imagine that this guy has over the years stolen thousands of dollars from people. I am working on this on a daily basis and I will definately update everyone on the progress and eventual outcome. I am still very interested in getting in contact with other victims.

If anyone has been or knows a victim of his please get in touch with me via e-mail. Any documents to support your claims would be extemely helpful to our case so please include them. If you are not willing to speak with law enforcement then let me know.

I will be around!! Thanks guys!

Jennifer

You ought to take a look at his feedback.

Scroll down to the PRIVATE auctions. While you can't see what he purchased, you can see what these people are selling by looking at their current ebay auctions.

The private auctions are usually ADULT related material. In this case I would say it was also the case, but you may notice a trend on what specific type of adult item these sellers offer.

uuuhh.....I checked this out and uuuhhh... I'm not saying a word.. :-X :eek:

I was at a race last year with Eric, he seems like a nice guy, I guess that is what makes him succesfull at conning people. I purchased some powermaster fuel from him really cheap. The next season I placed an order directly from Powermaster and was told Eric still owes for fuel he got from them and if I see him tell him to pay up.

You may get Powermaster fuel on your side.

Also he is active in NAMBA dist 19 points racing. You could predict where he will be by looking at the next points race.

http://www.namba19.com/points/inboard/Inboard.html

-MikeP

Eric doesn't have a lot of friends left in Dist 19. The only races that he can show his face is in his own backyard (Arizona). I know of several dealings with Eric that he welched on. One he did actually end up paying for in the end. It took a lot of proding on the internet. This was back when he hadn't burn as many bridges, so to keep face, he paid up. I would not hold your breath on the return of the money or the product. There are too many people allready in that line.

Mike

PS If you are going to deal with him, I suggest it be face to face and cash up front with product in hand.

I was at a race last year with Eric, he seems like a nice guy, I guess that is what makes him succesfull at conning people. I purchased some powermaster fuel from him really cheap. The next season I placed an order directly from Powermaster and was told Eric still owes for fuel he got from them and if I see him tell him to pay up.

You may get Powermaster fuel on your side.

Also he is active in NAMBA dist 19 points racing. You could predict where he will be by looking at the next points race.

http://www.namba19.com/points/inboard/Inboard.html

-MikeP
Please forgive my ignorance but I was not able to figure out where the next race he would be is going to be held. Could you possibly help out?

jenniejessesiggy.gif

Jennifer, wish you much luck resolving this one~ but as others have stated, I wouldn't hold my breath.

If Eric gave up boats it's because he can't find anyone left to steal, lie to and cheat them that doesn't already know his name. He's well traveled in the world of lies deception and contempt for the truth... he's a bottom feeding parasite theiving lying piece of garbage. If anyone thinks he's anything different you don't know diddly about his history or how many people he has stolen from, it's a BIG list from shore to shore.........

I hear he's a big fat lazy dumas that's never had a job, but yet he cries the blues about being disabled can't work, has financial troubles bla bla bla.... he's a theif period.

Sue me you SOB :D

As for his ebay bs~ it's an 03 name, what happened to all the others he's used over the last 5 years huh? he trolls message boards looking for people to rip off. seen it time and time again.

When is this person going to give up as I keep seeing him rip people and Little Kids off

I hope some day soon he get what is desurved to him.

so some one find him ! and file a police report of internet fraud !! and keep on it! lets put the trash away !!

Jimmy > :(

Rad!!!! Hey Buddy, how ya been ? ;D

Yeah the problem is that trackin internet fraud can be tricky, but if you have the paperwork and get in touch with the other people that has been taken by this Dude, he will get his just reward, just a matter of time, Hang in there,

Good Luck ;)

Gene 8)

wow! :eek: :-

all i can say is, thank you to all the people who i've traded with in this hobby! all my experiences have been great and i hope the people who ive dealt with feel the same. notice that none of these shmucks [Erik/Eric, Curtis, etc] have even tried pulling anything on intlwaters!

does anybody on the board live in Arizona?

Joe

UPDATE!!!

Hi all! I have some good news!! My little borther was able to get his Rustler after all. He got it just a couple days ago. He just went to a hobby shop and bought one. My father forgave the money he originally barrowed to send Eik McNair for the first one and gave him some more. I knew my dad would do this eventually I think he was just holding out a little while hoping that McNair would send the money back. My dad was not going to let my brother be disappointed in the end. And here is the most amazing part....

the day after my brother bought his Rustler he got a money order for 245.00 from Erik McNair in the mail.... We were all amazed. It took TWO MONTHS, countless e-mails, phone calls, filing Internet Fraud charges, and publically humiliating him to get it.. it's a good thing he sent it too because my brother and I were going to file a police report with our local law enforcement today.. I called law enforcement where he lives and they told me to first file a report where we live and they would contact authorities in his town.. My father spoke to him on the phone and told him that we had done this and the money order came shortly after... Anyway I really want to thank all of you for your advice and generous offers of help.. I think that you are all awesome people. It's a comfort to know that there are more good people in this hobby than people like Erik McNair.. I have to wonder though whos money he sent us?? There is probably some poor person out there that is waiting for some product from him they will never get.... I think he owes us interest for the two months he had our 245.00 bucks.. not to mention the long distance charges it cost my dad to call him. I still think that this guy needs to be stopped once and for all. My goal was to if not be able to stop him to at least make it very hard for him to rip people off by making others aware so they can protect themselves. What he does is wrong.. So thank you to all of you that were supportive and I truly wish all of you the best of luck with your boats! God Bless!!

jenniegwtwsigbw.gif

Im glad it all worked out for you and your brother.

Still this has opened our eyes for this guy, Hope we all learned from this and will not deal with him. there are others out there with parts and offer great advice.

NT

:D

I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience. I purchased a pro boat miss budweiser from e bay and had a great experience. (all be it, it was not from this Erik guy!) I am also extremely poor and people like this make me sick. I am glad your brother finaly recieved what was rightfully his and I hope he really enjoys it.

Brandon

Back