Seen on the rec.models.rc.water newsgroup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Bourlet

Supporting Member
At the risk of me being banned from the list I feel that you guys need to see this post from the rec.models.rc.water newsgroup. I know most people are afraid of reprisals and harassment from this guy but now he is stealing from kids that can't afford it and us racers all know the guy has been doing this for years. I know at least since 1998 when he stuck the host club of the Nationals with his motell bill when he skipped out without paying. Please pass this information along, us staying silent on this will only help Erik find new victims. The following is cut and pasted directly from the newsgroup.

Erik is ripping people off again. Do not do business with this guy. He steals from other people to support his hobby. My brother sent him a money order for 245.00 for a Traxxas Rustler. Erik cashed the money order two months ago and never sent my brother the Rustler. He has every lame excuse under the sun as to why he has not sent it. He said he would send a refund and didn't. He will no longer awnswer e-mails or phone messages. I have read other posts regarding this guy ripping people off. My little brother is just a kid that can only work part time and it takes him weeks to earn that kind of money. He was excited to get the Rustler. Now he can't get one at all because he had to barrow some of the money from my father so all his nest pay

checks will go to pay my father back for something he never got. This guy is the lowest of the low. Don't deal with him, you will regret it. I hope his boat explodes and he places last in every race he's in. His ebay seller ID is river4me2003. I have documents to support all of this so if anyone wants to debate this with me bring it on.

Jennifer <[email protected]>

If this guy is ripping people off, the feedback does not reflect the concern.. The ID has 100% positive feedback.. If this was such a reoccuring problem, I'd presume there would be NEG feedback somewhere...

Mark...

Eric routinely threatens to sue anyone who publishes negative things about him. If you have any questions about his dealings ask Andy Brown (CMD Racing), Jerry Crowther (Seducer Boats), or Russ Stark (SmithBarney).

Lohring Miller

Lohring,

About which Eric are you referring? If it's about the "rip-off" Eric then I say we call him out, just as Eric B. did. It's the "rip-off" people that give folks bad impressions about the hobby and if we can get rid of them, then better for us.

Snowdog

It's E-Bay's policy to allow neg feedback.. I'd tell him to sue me.. As posted in the original note, all the paper work is documented. E-Bay would not (should not?) allow this type of person to keep posting sale items.. But then again, there's Roosted5150...

Mark...

Eric, thanks for the posting.. Always on the look out for crappy E-Bay'rs.. My opinion only here, but watch out for CRAZYEYES! ... Shipping cost is outrageous, shipping takes 3 weeks and he's selling items that are on backorder..

Ron,

What link do you need? Log into E-Bay and do a feedback search on the user id = river4me2003 ... Better yet, do one on CRAZYEYES!

Mark..

You ought to take a look at his feedback.

Scroll down to the PRIVATE auctions. While you can't see what he purchased, you can see what these people are selling by looking at their current ebay auctions.

The private auctions are usually ADULT related material. In this case I would say it was also the case, but you may notice a trend on what specific type of adult item these sellers offer.

just out of question

Why does this person not persue legal action against erik? if you can prove that there was a binding agreement, such as a won auction, and you can prove payment was accepted, and you can prove that product/service was never recieved, you have a pretty good case. I mean so what if he threatens to sue, you got a leg to stand on on why you did what you did. It's only libel and slander if you can't prove it after all. And why doesn't this kids father do anything? I mean i know there is tuff love parents out there, but that is a little above that

I Would file a report to the local cops and they can take action, Its happened several times that i have heard of, if he infact did cash it, and no item was sent, then thats against the law.

Bad ebayers. theres some that do there dammest to MAKE GOOD, others are shady.

So kinda stay away from it.

Why did Jennifier post under Eric Bourlets name??

I dont want to doubt her, BUTTTTTTT

NT

Eric Bourlet posted his own message.

He stated that he read the post from Jennifer on the REC.MODELS.RC.WATER newsgroup and was relaying the information to all of us, via posting her message off of that newsgroup.

Checked it out, Feel bad for them, Is BS that this **** happens, I support her and feel her anger. For them, I hope it all works out to there favor.

Hate to see **** like this in this hobby.

NT

Eric

Sad story for the hobby. I would like to put a positive tag on this, and help get Jennifer's brother a boat. I think that if a big group of us got together and started a pool, we could come up with enough money to get this guy (a NEW member to our hobby) a boat. It wouldn't be all that much if enough of us signed up. If we created a sign up sheet, we could divide the cost (at least recovery cost) equally. I am willing to be the first to donate. Let's keep this thread open and help a new boater.

Garrett Randall

IMPBA D4

Hey,

This sounds like a GREAT idea.. However, the young man that was ripped off was going after a Traxxas Rustler.. This is not a boat, but an offroad truck. Believe it may have been EP.. Not certain. I'll keep watch'n to see what happens.. If need be, I have a couple of RC10T and T2's that can be parted with.

Mark...

I am willing to contribute! ;D

If each member on this board was to donate at least $1.00, we would have over $800! :eek: That would certainly cover the cost of the 1st one, & have enough to get a really awesome boat setup!

Tom, maybe you could put something on the main page about this.

I agree with Mark, Its a great idea, but does he really want a boat? after all he was trying to get a truck. not saying i won't be happy to help though.

1st of all I'd like to say that Garrett's idea is great. It would be good to see some good come from a bad situation.

However,

My concerns are;

Do we know for a FACT that someone did get ripped off? All the facts, not just one side of the story.

Also;

If the affected person gets a new item due to generousity of others - is that the end of the saga? If so then the person got away with it and will more than likely do it again. That does not seem right to me.

If we can address those concerns first - then we could start passing the hat around.

Tim.

Tim,

I was going to say, with age, comes wisdom.. ;) But dang it, you're younger than me! :p Ok, so I'll just use that with posting comes wisdom!!! ;D

Mark

OB Nut Racing: Initial problem needs to be fixed first.

Back