Seaducer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys don't get all over me for this,but I have owned and raced both and they both have their pro and cons. Just from my experience with Seaducer, they sometimes have a tendency to dunk when you are on that fine line of insane and out of control (or on choppy water). Man they sure are great chasing boats, when and if they are not in the lead there is no boat faster through a pack in race water. Now the Cal Craft is a much better leading boat, not that it is faster or better it just seems to be a better boat on clean water. The whole reason I stopped running Seaducers is because we drive on a shallow lake (6 feet at the deepest), but then again we have about 4 feet of silt at the bottom of our lake. One Seaducer is still at the bottom of our lake (five years later), But I plan on getting a whole line of Seaducers again! Having your boat in second place but on top of the water is not a good enough conselation prize for me! Man Seaducers sure can turn!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliff

Well, I'm hoping my Speedmaster 45 will be able to keep up with Seaducers and Calcrafts....

I can't imagine one boat will always be the best and I suppose the driver has something to do with it too...

I was wondering if you can change a older seaducer that is sub-surface to surface drive and have success running it
What dose NAMBA wants pretty have to do with this topic??????? I am a NAMBA member and i race both Seaducer and CalCraft mono's i love them both . I thought this site was to help out fello boater with there problems .Not to bash on NAMBA for what they drive. If you need to know what boat is better take a poll or move on !! Take a poll on wich one is better Seaducer or Calcraft. Find out what I/W thinks is better !!!! .Now with that said lets help out a fello boater with his problem and get back on topic .

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if you can change a older seaducer that is sub-surface to surface drive and have success running it
What dose NAMBA wants pretty have to do with this topic??????? I am a NAMBA member and i race both Seaducer and CalCraft mono's i love them both . I thought this site was to help out fello boater with there problems .Not to bash on NAMBA for what they drive. If you need to know what boat is better take a poll or move on !! Take a poll on wich one is better Seaducer or Calcraft. Find out what I/W thinks is better !!!! .Now with that said lets help out a fello boater with his problem and get back on topic .
Chris I think he was talking about NAMBA860 the member not NAMBA the organization. Your right though, lets get back on topic.

Robert Holland

If your seaducer dunks you have not completely followed Jerrys set up you cant change a thing he has done alot of testing to get these boats to where they are follow there instructions

If your seaducer dunks you have not completely followed Jerrys set up you cant change a thing he has done alot of testing to get these boats to where they are follow there instructions
not true! My friend at the pond bought a ready to run, completely set up by Jerry himself. Yep that's the one still at the bottom of the lake! Don't get me wrong I love the seaducer and the cal crafts, but it does happen. Not that I call them this but they didn't get the name seadunker for nothing.

Cliff

You sure Jerry set it up or someone tell you that he set mine up never has dunk and watched his for a long time his doesnt either, have watched some though he has done some work to then they decide to do there own thing to do dunk.

You sure Jerry set it up or someone tell you that he set mine up never has dunk and watched his for a long time his doesnt either, have watched some though he has done some work to then they decide to do there own thing to do dunk.
Yers ain't fast enough to DUNK!!!

That phenomenon come's with speed,--------never mind, you wouldn't understand!!!!

Hey Andy, I used the dictionary for that one

"Dunking " While it is true that some species of Seaducers were a little more prone than others , the reason it happens is two fold IMHO . First the owner can't resist trying set up the boat to fly the bow like an Allison or Hydrostream (full size performance V Bottoms ..see picture below)and the bow will come down violently when the throttle is chopped , a wave is hit popping up the transom and the aerodynamic drooped nose of the boat will go underwater faster than you can see it happen . The instructions , and logic , mandate that the strut be kept absolutely parralel to the keel , some times a microscpic amount of negative has to be added or preferably a little weight under the engine .

Second ...you have to drive the boat for the conditions . I have found that sometimes backing off down a rough straightaway actually amplifies the problem and you are better off driving through it under acceleration and using the power to your advantage . Get the boat hooked up and let it rip . My 42 " Ducer was not the fastest with a stock CMB 90 but it won a lot of races when I learned how to drive it . You have to set up the boat for race water even though it might be boring on flat water .My F/X class 44 " boat is coming around well after three races with it , now I need some power !! I'll never switch and can't wait for the next version to come out . Racing fosters development .

nejkg7.jpg

not true! My friend at the pond bought a ready to run, completely set up by Jerry himself. Yep that's the one still at the bottom of the lake! Don't get me wrong I love the seaducer and the cal crafts, but it does happen. Not that I call them this but they didn't get the name seadunker for nothing.

Cliff
All Mono`s 21,45,67,90 have a Speed that the Hull becomes unstable. Even if the hardware is set correctly. If you are Racing IMPBA Hardcore Events & Nats events?? YOU will be required to buy a Seaducer to get on the Podium. There have been many Good .21 & 45 Mono hulls other than Seaducer, But Most are No longer obtainable. If you want a Proven Race Winner?? Follow the Instructions & Tune the Engine & hardware. You will be Running up front at Most Events. B) B)

Tom nailed it on the head.
Nah , I'm pretty sure Rick did !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote -flascaleboater

"Yers ain't fast enough to DUNK!!!

That phenomenon come's with speed,--------never mind, you wouldn't undersatand!!!! "

I'm thinking thats Rays new quote of the week.........

If have never Dunked your Ducer Robert- it's too wet or just plain slow...... :huh: :rolleyes:

:p :p :p :p :p :p

I have seen Jerry stuff his boats PLENTY of times- like Rick said-----

never mind......... ;)

Brandon rocked today BTW.....

Andy

That phenomenon come's with speed,--------never mind, you wouldn't undersatand!!!!

The funny part is- you didn't use spellcheck :eek: - Thats (understand) not undersatand- ;)

I'm wondering if that's part of the pledge of allegiance in a satanic club- "One nation undersatand"

never mind - LOL :p

Andy

That phenomenon come's with speed,--------never mind, you wouldn't undersatand!!!!

The funny part is- you didn't use spellcheck :eek: - Thats (understand) not undersatand- ;)

I'm wondering if that's part of the pledge of allegiance in a satanic club- "One nation undersatand"

Andy
Fixed ya little D.H. :p

Andy
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I breathed a little nitro today- I'm feeling froggy- ;)

Andy

amagine how you'd feel if you actually drove one!!!!!!!!

How was the day? If I had known it would have turned out with that many entrants, I should have made the trip over

Andy

Andy

How was the day? If I had known it would have turned out with that many entrants, I should have made the trip over

Andy

Andy

You aint kidding, I got the itch again BAD !!!!

Went very well, weather was PERFECT, the Brandon crew did a great job(from what I saw) water was fast (at least it looked it-lol) and A LOT of new faces- very nice too see. From the looks of it- the WCRA Series is going to have a great year...

I'm hoping to be ready for the debut of the new Tampa pond next month, so grab Pickles by the ear- load the trailer and ride on up B)

Andy

Well let put it this way Andy we had a one day race here and the boat was faster then Jerrys and Curtis the pond gremlins did get it couple times if you know Miami it gets real rough there.

Latest posts

Back