SEADUCER SPEED???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RANK

I GPS MY SD2 20 FOR THE FIRST TIME MY SPEED WAS ONLY 42MPH NOT HAPPY IT LOOK LIKE IT WAS CLOSE TO 50 WHAT CAN I DO TO INCREASE SPEED???????I HAVE A 21 MAC WITH A X440/3

PROP MAC PIPE 50%REDMAX FUEL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
What were the water conditions? 42mph isn't too bad with a tight setup on smooth water... A 45mph heat racing trimmed 20 mono is hard to beat.

I GPS MY SD2 20 FOR THE FIRST TIME MY SPEED WAS ONLY 42MPH NOT HAPPY IT LOOK LIKE IT WAS CLOSE TO 50 WHAT CAN I DO TO INCREASE SPEED???????I HAVE A 21 MAC WITH A X440 PROP MAC PIPE 50%REDMAX FUEL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

What were the water conditions? 42mph isn't too bad with a tight setup on smooth water... A 45mph heat racing trimmed 20 mono is hard to beat.

I GPS MY SD2 20 FOR THE FIRST TIME MY SPEED WAS ONLY 42MPH NOT HAPPY IT LOOK LIKE IT WAS CLOSE TO 50 WHAT CAN I DO TO INCREASE SPEED???????I HAVE A 21 MAC WITH A X440 PROP MAC PIPE 50%REDMAX FUEL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

WATER CONDITION SMOOTH

I'd take 42 for a heat racing boat any day! I'd look more at lap times if you are going to heat race it. Smooth water is also no indication of how its going to do in race conditions. Sounds like you have a good running boat to me. :D

42 ain't bad. Wait til you get in race chop and see what happens. Your speed should increase with no loss in handling.

To maximize performance, I'd step up to 60% nitro fuel. Then concentrate on the prop. As others have stated, smooth water is no test. My best pass at the Internats on smooth water was only 47-48, and placed 2nd. I didn't adjust my boat from the heat race setup. The boat runs 52+ on race water.

Rank,

All pervious posts are correct in saying that in calm water conditions that your mono will be a touch slower than in race chop condition.

What I've found when setting up my monos is that when I'm at the pond running by myself is that to get a good race condition set up while testing on calm water is that 2/3 or so of the boat will run wet. I have found that when set up this way you will have a close set up come race day.

Hope this helps.

:)

-Buck-

Try propping it higher and do the same with the nitro content. My Microburst doesnt really like all that chop and weaving you Seaducer guys do so If I dont haveto lap them we both win.

Rank,

I would try two different propellers if I was you. A X-437/3 @3.60" of cup and

a ABC 40 x 52/3 @3.46" of cup. One of these two will help. Oh, I almost forgot

70% Coopers Blend Fuel.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Rank,

70% Coopers Blend Fuel.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund
70%WOW :p :p AS FAR AS PROPS WHERE CAN I BUY THEM DONE UP THAT WAY?????????

Rank,

70% Coopers Blend Fuel.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund
70%WOW :p :p AS FAR AS PROPS WHERE CAN I BUY THEM DONE UP THAT WAY?????????
I'm sure Mark can bend you up some props. ;)

As far as 70%........ :ph34r:

:)

-Buck-

Buck & Rank,

I have a good supply of both of course. :D

Happy Holidays Fellas,

Mark Sholund

My Seaducer defies the rules for Dunkers,. It runs best with a X442 2 blade, and fastest with a cut down Andy Brown X445 at 2.9. Don't ask me why.

My Seaducer defies the rules for Dunkers,. It runs best with a X442 2 blade, and fastest with a cut down Andy Brown X445 at 2.9. Don't ask me why.
ARE YOU RUNNING A MAC ENGINE???

ARE YOU RUNNING A MAC ENGINE???
Yes, a MAC w/ a CMB carb and an original Andy Brown nitro pipe at 8.25" It turns a zillion RPM, but has been running great for three years. The motor is stock other than a stuffed drum. It was an early one that I stuffed with a Delrin plug. Boat handles and races best w/ the X442. X440/3 works OK, but the 442 seems to go a bit faster. I've run 65% in it a time or two, but 60%, w/ 18% oil is the std race fuel.

Hey Rank,

Is your boat the newer 33" version?

-Buck-
NO ITS THE SD2 OLDER VERSION OF YOURS,THINKING ABOUT GETTING SOME PROPS DONE UP FROM ANDY BROWN OR THE PROP WORKS BOB AUSTION JUST TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT TO START WITH AS YOU KNOW PROPS ADD UP TO A LOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back