Scale Boats at Spring Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dasboatman

I took a few pics of the boats lined up for Concourse judging I thought the group would enjoy. I believe I have the names correct - less the owner of the Oberto. A couple entries were not presented for judging. CHEERS !!! Bob

Great looking boats! Why is Dougs Squire not out there? Do they have to be entered in the race to qualify for concourse? Mike

O yea.. and they have to get at least 50 pts (I think) in heat racing to qualify to win concourse!

you can show it but you HAVE to race it if you want to win concourse!

Grim

"Why is Doug"s Squire not out there? Do they have to be entered in the race to qualify for concourse?"

Mike,

The Spring Nationals class was 1/8th Nitro Scale. IMPBA and NAMBA Rule Book are available on-line FYI.

Doug's F/E 1/8th Scale was not entered, so he drove the U-4 KW3 loaner boat that belongs to Rick Bellinger. I believe Rick, as regional Scale Director, will encourage Doug and any other FE 1/8th Scale to race in District 12 to run with the nitro scales, to build the entry numbers in their district. Doug has used the FE guide lines that R/C Unlimiteds have used the past few years to set up his Squire, which has allowed 1/8th F/E Scale boats to compete with the nitro 1/8th Scales at R/C Unlimited races. This concession exists no where else to the best of my knowledge.

CHEERS !!! Bob

Great pics and a bunch of great running Scales. I had a fantastic time running Rick's U-4 KW3 but unfortunately didn't get it launched for the final. (glow plug :( ) Scale boat racers are a breed of their own. Good folks and good drivers!! B)

Mike it did run the Squire Shop in open water just to do a little show and tell. It is my sincere hope that things work out here in DXIII and all involved will allow FE Scales (tuned properly) to run with them at the 40th anniversary of the Atlanta Spring Nationals next year.

Thanks for posting the pics Mr. Johnson......... sir. :p ;)

"Why is Doug"s Squire not out there? Do they have to be entered in the race to qualify for concourse?"

Mike,

The Spring Nationals class was 1/8th Nitro Scale. IMPBA and NAMBA Rule Book are available on-line FYI.

Doug's F/E 1/8th Scale was not entered, so he drove the U-4 KW3 loaner boat that belongs to Rick Bellinger. I believe Rick, as regional Scale Director, will encourage Doug and any other FE 1/8th Scale to race in District 12 to run with the nitro scales, to build the entry numbers in their district. Doug has used the FE guide lines that R/C Unlimiteds have used the past few years to set up his Squire, which has allowed 1/8th F/E Scale boats to compete with the nitro 1/8th Scales at R/C Unlimited races. This concession exists no where else to the best of my knowledge.

CHEERS !!! Bob
We will be mixing the FE and nitro scale this year in D12 as we look to expand on an already successful nitro/FE blend in a few other classes. :)

Maybe next year we can get even more scales
Mike, Doug, Don;

That is my hopes as well.. Scale and Sport-40

Those who attended, if you had a good time, feel the racing and calls were fair, and called acrost the board,, please tell a friend, and come back next year.

If you feel something wasn't right,, please tell either myself or Doug Smock.

WE want to make the Spring Nat's one of THE races to attend.

Can I register for spring 2014 yet?? I am not going to just visit next year. I will have my scale along with a rigger I am working on. Great place to get away from the Wisconsin winter.

Mike,

CHEERS !!! Bob
We will be mixing the FE and nitro scale this year in D12 as we look to expand on an already successful nitro/FE blend in a few other classes. :)
R/C Unlimiteds no longer combines the 2 classes. It was an experiment. R/C U has established a FE 1/8 scale class within R/C U. I was lucky enough to drive for Newton Marine in the FE class at the season opener and bring home the win.

R/C U has established a FE 1/8 scale class within R/C U. I was lucky enough to drive for Newton Marine in the FE class at the season opener and bring home the win.
Awesome! I'm glad their numbers are increasing. Congrats on the win. B)

Thanks John.

IMPBA District 13 isn't lucky enough to have enough boats to support even either class, so to grow the class, I believe Rick Bellinger will propose to run 1/8 FE until such a time as they can stand on their own. Doug has been driving Rick's Kw3 to make the class but Rick is tired of carrying Doug after a good number of races. Something about - - Get that FE Squire Shop on the water and quit using up my fuel and motor. Har, Har !!! Love Ya , Doug !!! Har, Har, Har !!!! Since we have now met eye ball to eye ball - Doug is fair game. CHEERS !!! Bob

Thanks John.

IMPBA District 13 isn't lucky enough to have enough boats to support even either class, so to grow the class, I believe Rick Bellinger will propose to run 1/8 FE until such a time as they can stand on their own. Doug has been driving Rick's Kw3 to make the class but Rick is tired of carrying Doug after a good number of races. Something about - - Get that FE Squire Shop on the water and quit using up my fuel and motor. Har, Har !!! Love Ya , Doug !!! Har, Har, Har !!!! Since we have now met eye ball to eye ball - Doug is fair game. CHEERS !!! Bob
Well Rick did save on the final by putting in a bum glow plug.....SAND BAGGER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks John.

Well Rick did save on the final by putting in a bum glow plug.....SAND BAGGER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was Skeert,,, Doug was fast!!! and he drives it like he stole it.

Back