scale boat on alcohol

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene gager

:rolleyes: if you ran a scale boat on alky and oil with a 80 or 90 in it , wouldn't it go just as fast as a 67 on nitro? wouldn't the motor last much longer? wouldnt the cost of fuel go way down? would have to up the compression a little and posibly hook a battery and wire to the plug to keep it lit. just wondering, :blink: geno

:blink: Man I thought this subject would never come up on a boat forum.....NO NITRO :eek: :huh: :blink: :unsure: . Anyway I was playing around with this in my Rc trucks. (air cooled). I did not notice a difference in top speed. The truck was able to go as fast but it lacked in low end power. I also noticed a huge increase in fuel usage. After a while of playing I was able to get a decent runing truck. I ended up useing a Ofna .25 in place of the .21 and it ran like a well powered .21. It was at times a bear to keep running, cool air realy made it load up the pipe with unburnt fuel.

The Austrailans run a lot of Alke ..They could realy give us a point or two on this..I tryed running Alky on a sport boat back in the 80's but had the wrong head button and could never get it to preform the way nitro would in it..I didn't find this out until years later.. It started when we couldn't get any nitro and fule was hard to get..

Back