saltwater scoop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholashansen

Was just curious as how most guys approach this aspect, as id like to have one on my current build but im unsure of a couple things

First, is it usually permanently attached/epoxied to the cowl, or if you is it ever attached with a "breakaway" setup similar to how a rear wing assembly is attached? Id love to be able to have the option of attaching and removing the scoop at will, and im curious if this would create a concern of any kind when it comes to potential accidents?

Also, if I were to just epoxy on, would this cause any potential difficulties when painting the hull??

Thanks!

oh, thats a good idea
default_wink.png

so im still concerned whether I should epoxy it on permanently as im wondering if this will effect the paintjob, or basically ability to get paint underneath the scoop and on the top of the cockpit?

If you look at the full sized boats, the salt water scoop is attached to the top of the cockpit, not to the engine cover. That being said, there are several ways to attach the scoop. Once you figure out what you want it to look like, that being all one piece or two pieces it's time to finish the process. One thing you might consider is painting everything before you put it together

yes I know, but my cowling and upper half of my cockpit are one piece, and even if they weren't I still wouldn't attach it to the cockpit, unless the entire cockpit was molded into the hull.

well only way id paint it before putting it together would be if its detachable just like other parts on the boat, and then its a moot point obviously. I can think of numerous ways to attach it without it being permanent or cumbersome or heavy, but Im just trying to see what other people have done in similar situations. If I had to choose one or the other, id certainly go with the snorkel on all the time, and I dont mind permanently attaching it. Again, just makes me wonder about painting that area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember, to run the salt water scoop, you have to have photographic proof the full sized boat did as well.

well shoot, no point in using something if the REAL BOAT used it!!

what a letdown.....

default_rolleyes.gif

default_biggrin.png

IMG_6352_cropped_small.jpg

^^^ plan on registering with this photo, after I touch it up a little bit for effect
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back