Saginaw Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing on the D-2 site or on Tony Jacuzzi's either.

I'm bummed, didn't go yesterday. That's one of my favorite races to attend. :(

Joe: The Blackjack brothers left their 80mph boats at home and came in 1-2 with a couple high 50mph boats and did what a heat racer needs to do. Finish and accumulate points. I did nothing but run 68mph for the first couple of mill time laps and struggled with a fuel delivery problem the rest of the day. Maybe next time.... I did manage to win the 40 mono class for the day though.

Ron

Congratulations Ron! "D" mono in D-2 has to be the best class that we have and the most exciting to race in or just watch. Now if I can only get mine to run well out of town. There's just something that I like about the Saginaw race. The site is nothing special but the water is always great and the club knows how to run a race.

Ron

We never made the comment of having 80 mph boats.so I don:t know where every one is getting the info.

Dave: The 80mph comment was just a joke. However, check back on some of the RC boat threads about the Blackjack. 80 mph was the talk of the day not that long ago. Here's a little reminder....

"I am fully expecting at least three of these BlackJack21's to be racing around 80MPH, possibly all of them except mine".

Comments like this is where "I don:t know where every one is getting the info". comes from. I can also tell you that setting the bar at 80 is a huge order. One that unless you are proficent at engine, prop, set-up and hull design may be out of reach. I know it's out of mine right now. Again, maybe some day... Good luck!

Ron

Ron J said:
Joe: The Blackjack brothers left their 80mph boats at home and came in 1-2 with a couple high 50mph boats and did what a heat racer needs to do. Finish and accumulate points. I did nothing but run 68mph for the first couple of mill time laps and struggled with a fuel delivery problem the rest of the day. Maybe next time.... I did manage to win the 40 mono class for the day though.
Ron
That isn't going to get it done at the bigger races. I better take up Mark's offer for some prop testing.

Ron, can I have my prop back?

Just kidding. My motor will not pull it.

Joe: You don't need your prop back but you may want my motor. ;) See you at the end of the month. With a stand of course.

RJ.

Ron, I'll have a van full of boats. The kids are racing in the novice class. I plan on getting to the pond early Friday afternoon. Sounds like you got the 40 mono hunkin too. Should be fun.

Latest posts

Back