Russian 60 Marine?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTR

Hi guy's

Has anyone any experience with the Russian made MDS 60/65 marine engine. Design looks a little Mac like with the front exhaust and crankcase style rear induction. Just curious how they go. I have had experience with some of their other engines and although the castings look a little scruffy the machining and parts have been of excellent quality, and the carby's have been excellent.

cheers

GT

Spare Parts available? Something to keep in mind when considering something different.

THE MOTORS WERE BROUGHT IN BUY ANDY BROWN ( MAKER OF THE MAC ) IF THAT TELLS YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THE DESIGN....

AS FOR PERFORMANCE. LOTS OF TORQUE, VERY VERY GOOD ON POWER...

VERY WELL BUILT. THE DRUM ROTOR USED A BALL BEARIN ON THE END TO RUN IN.. NICE!!!

SEEN PEOPLE RUN THEM AND HAVE GOOD LUCK..

I DO KNOW PEOPLE HAVE HAD PROBLOMS WITH THE PISTONS STICKING ON THEM AND EXPLODING

ALAN HOBBS IS THE MAN TO TALK TO.. HE SELLS THEM AND HAS PARTS AVAILIABLE FOR THEM FROM THE 45 UP TO THE 80 AND SO ON..

HOPE THIS HELPS...

CHRIS

SORRY :p

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE K MOTORS??

I GUESS I SHOULD READ A LITTLE BETTER BEFORE TALKING LOL

CHRIS

The K motors are awesome!

the problems with the pistons sticking is from lack of oil in the fuel, if you run min 20% oil with 5% caster you will not have a problem with them sticking,

as for the power they are awesome, bulk power, we have been running them for years!

Al hobbs is the man in the states to talk to,

You need at least 20%. I'm running 22% klotz and 5% castor oil made by klotz. Haven't had the piston stick once thanks to Dales advice. I would recommend you put 17 CMB needle bearings in the big end of the connecting rod as soon as you get one of these engines. Ron Olson with his .45 and I with my .90 had the stock bearing cages fly apart. Appearantly I faired better than Ron. There was no damage to my engine, but from what Ron said, his got pretty chewed up. Other than that! Get one or get smoked. That is all I have to say!!!!

Oh! and by the way, why is the crankcase pink? Is it some kind of space age aluminum that will not burn up when it goes through the atmosphere?

Hammer

damit! i don't know why the file permissions keep changing on me

it should be ok now

Hi Guy's,

This is the 61 size (and I think they do a similar smaller motor as well)

Does anyone have any experience with these?

GT ???

I have a bunch of them. I have never run one stock but with a little work they run ok, better buy several, I don't think they are made any longer and there are no spare parts.

Mike Byer

I remember seeing these things years ago. I think there was a rear exhaust 40 as well. Saw someone modify the s#*t out of the 21 - converted it to run a K&B drum rotor from a 21 I/B. The case was barely recognisable. Never saw it run in a boat tho'.

Back