Rossi Piranha?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport20

Hi Guys

I read a lot of topics about the mac and the Nova rossi .21 engine but nobody talk about the Rossi Piranha. Does somebody run this engine? I would like to have some comments to compare with the mac and N.R.. I'm planing to buy a new engine for a Sport 20 boat wich one will be the best choice?

Thanks,

SP 20,

It is all a matter of preference. I have ran both and I feel the BEST MOTOR

and SUPPORT is the MAC 21 from Andy Brown. It is the BEST from THE BEST.

Ask Ron Olson about the motor he has one.

Thanks,

MARK SHOLUND :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know John Finch tested one for an article in RCBM on the Speedmaster 21 hull. He said it did run well from what I remember. Wouldn't a MAC 21 be easier to fit into a sport 20 set up. Not only is it a **** good motor but it would be alot easier keeping pipe hidden under the cowling since you don't need that wrap around header. B)

Thanks guys for the info I will probably buy a Mac.

For the 180 degree header is not a problem I already use a os .21 rzm in my sport 20 is a little bit tite but it work.

Thanks again

B) In a sport 21 where RPM is more of a benifit than torque the MAC 21 is the way to go !! set up with a smaller prop, pipe at @ 8" and some 45% to 60% fuel and you have a 30,000++ rpm water rocket.

All us fast guys in sport 21 here in district 9 run mac 21's and that engine in a sport hull has set the NAMBA national record for the past 3 years in a row. Try one :D you will like it. Scott

Hi Tom

The boat I'm running is a scracht built the picture under my name. I make my own plan, and I built it. Is not Namba or Apba legal. The strut is on the transom and the air trap is up to the rear and the side of the trap are more than 1/8 thick. I'm a member of Les Modeleurs du Québec MMQ Club

So is legal for us to have a real scale boat. :D

Thanks

sport20 said:
Thanks guys for the info I will probably buy a Mac.For the 180 degree header is not a problem I already use a os .21 rzm in my sport 20 is a little bit tite but it work.

Thanks again
I run my 20 Seaducer with a Mac 21 installed against a Seaducer with a Piranha installed. I won the 2003 WCRA Championship and he came in 2nd. His runs well but I do have speed on him.

P.S. I have the Mac 21's and headers in stock and ready to ship if you decide to go with that motor.

Happy Holidays!

Ron Byrd

Last edited:
I have the Rossi Niagara in my sons Speedmaster 21. It is basically the same engine. It has been a very good engine, it turns a Prather 220 with no problem. It does take a while to get broken in which is probably a good thing. It does have the front exhaust which would make getting a pipe under a cowling more difficult. When I've had it dialed in it has given MAC's a good run and we have beaten a few in the process.

Back