Ron Olson

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, I'm glad to hear that you made it to the hospital in time and they got you rooted out. Get well so you can do some more playin. I've lost alot of family to heart troubles.

Chuck, I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. You and your family have my cincerest condolences.

Ron get well soon mate! ;)

Chuck very sorry to hear about your brother. Heart attacks suck... lost my old man 4 days before my 18th bday... really puts a downer on my bday every year now.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Wade and good to hear from you.

I'm doing well considering what I went through and may be back to work just in time for my vacation.

I went on the patch this afternoon and that's been real fun so far. My wife is next so you can imagine what a funfest it's going to be around here then! :(

I'm glad to see you out of the hospital... you just wanted to go in to look at the nurses!!!!!! You wanted to see better eye candy!!!!

Ron, you rascal. You have started something. I went for a checkup yesterday and they found that I had another major blockage...75+%. Right now I am tentatively scheduded for angiaplasty or???????next wednesday. That could change at any time.
sad.gif

Charles

Sorry Charles! It's better to be caught now than later.

If you want to talk about what to expect, we can do that in PM's to avoid snickering and some of the finer things involved in an angioplasty. Those who've had it done know what I'm talking about, other than that the procedure isn't that bad. Just say Myocardial Infarction and you can hear the giggles but that's the medical term for a heart attack.

Until you have the procedure done, it sure doesn't hurt to take a 325 mg aspirin every day. Aspirin thins the blood to help keep it flowing through the affected area. Expect to be placed on some meds for a while afterwards and get the good stuff, not the generics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had the angioplasty before. What I do not want is to have bypass surgery. One of the things that I don't like with the angioplasty is I will lose my "Bush". It itches like hell when it starts to grow back.
smile.gif

Charles

Mine was itching like crazy keeping me awake most of the night Monday. That's one of the things that I was going to tell you about in a PM. Skin cream or hair conditioner helps with that. If you want ot have some fun with that, go a to cosmetics counter and ask a girl there what to do for it! :lol: After all, it kind of is like a Bikini wax. I'd rather prep myself as when they do it with a dry razor that doesn't help. I did my chest before I went in for my ICD implant.

Bypasses are no picnic, believe me but aren't as bad as they were a decade or so ago. Then, a pillow will be your best friend and you sure don't want to cough, much less sneeze afterwards as you'll think that your chest is going to blow apart!

They usually have a 400 pound elderly lady or retired samuri wrestlers with no sense of humor at all to do the dry shaving.
laugh.gif
You cannot even relieve the stress of the situation with a little humor.

Charles

I usually get community college students. The kid who did my first one came in with a legal pad that had highlighted areas as to where to shave me at. I was as comfortable as he was in doing it, which I wasn't. This kid was even going to do my chest! Sometimes it's done though just in case if they do find anything really serious they can run you right up to the O R and one less thing to do there.

One of the funniest places in the hospital that I've found so far is where they do colonoscopies, there isn't a joke they haven't heard and could probably tell you some that you haven't heard before.

Hey Ron when Ihad my vasectimy they had some great looking nurses doing everything and Shania Twain's song "That don't impress me" was playing in the back ground. I'm sure didn't! Don't like sharp things in that area! :unsure:

When I had my vasectimy the nurse told me not to be embarassed, that she had seen them all. She told me that she had decided that there was only 2 classes, showers and growers.

I did not have to tell her that I wasn't in the first class.
biggrin.gif

Charles

**** Bill, that was funny!

They tell you to check your dignity at the door when you enter the hospital. Nurse's just walk into the room and pull the sheets up to look to see how the incision is doing without a second thought. The only one I got mad at walked into my room, pulled back the divider curtain between me and the door while I was filling the urinal bottle. OK, she can look but the idea is that I'm not showing my junk to anybody who happens to be walking down the hall at the moment.

OK guys I am back, after having the FAMILY JEWELS exposed to everyone in the Memphis/Germantown Methodist Hospital, I had 3 major blockages repaired with 2 stents. They said I should be good as new. I am moving a little slow but I feel great. So I am back to boating.

Charles

Those nurses sure aren't shy about walking in and whipping the blanket up are they? My right groin has been done so many times that they're going up the left one now so when the nurses come in the room I have to tell them "other side".

Take it easy and no heavy lifting as you sure don't want to blow out that femoral artery! That's why I'm surprised that my doc sent me back to work so soon.

Just hope that you don't need to have CABG(bypass surgery)and join the Zipper club. Been there and that's not any fun at all! I've also got an ICD in my upper left chest.

Sorry Charles! It's better to be caught now than later.

If you want to talk about what to expect, we can do that in PM's to avoid snickering and some of the finer things involved in an angioplasty. Those who've had it done know what I'm talking about, other than that the procedure isn't that bad. Just say Myocardial Infarction and you can hear the giggles but that's the medical term for a heart attack.

Until you have the procedure done, it sure doesn't hurt to take a 325 mg aspirin every day. Aspirin thins the blood to help keep it flowing through the affected area. Expect to be placed on some meds for a while afterwards and get the good stuff, not the generics.

325 mg holy sh*t ron....most ppl take an 81 mg everyday u sure u aint talkin about a microgram?

Back