Roadrunner Twin Gas Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow I will get roped into this gas Twin deal but I will have to be belt started , staggered engines with rear exhaust . cant deal with a 20 " wide boat !!!
The boat I got from Ralph is belt start, staggered engines w/ side exhaust and is only 10" wide, if I were you I'd get one. The inlines have always been too much for the 1/4 cables, went thru that with the twin Q-draw, Andy I hope the 5/16 cable works out. I hope the class continues to grow, as the cost is a little less than a nitro twin to build and the upkeep is a whole lot less.

mb

Here you go not a RR but classic 10" tub versus microburst inline. I know they had shaft problems but didn't seem to handle like that side by side.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=gdWsOSgV03k
That was the run off if I am correct...That was after David Lost a shaft/prop. Wayne drove a GREAT race and won the run off, David did not have a back up prop. They shot his boat with a Stalker at 95mph before he chewed up the 1/4 in shaft an lost his #1 prop.
Tony....That was a great run off between David and I. Boy did he scare the crap out of me at buoy 1 on the start. I saw his twin during open water and yes it was rockin'. Better yet it was honkin" the dog. All of 90+ and I didn't need a radar gun to know it. It made most of the nitro twins look like row boats! LOL. Just kidding guys, don't get your panties in a wad. As for my twin, I was running with a bent turn fin and couldn't keep it as tight on the pins as I could with a straight one plus I haven't touched a thing on this rigger since I built it and won the Spring Nat with it back in 2010. Carlo said I was running 11.3 sec lap times in that race. Not bad for a 25 pound'er in its first heat race. It is definitely time to do some more testing as these 520's are showing promise if you can keep a shaft in them. I might have to design and build me an in-line once the shaft problem is taken care of.

I still like the sound of the side-by-sides better then the in-line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back