Roadrunner Twin dual Rx battery recommendation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Jackson

I recently purchased a Roadrunner twin(CMB 101's) from Bob Davis on IW. I am planning on setting the boat up to run with redundant Receivers(Futaba R603FS) two switches and LiFE batteries. I plan to put the Rudder servo(XQ Power, large servo XQ5040) on one Receiver/battery and the adjustable needle servo (Futaba S9156) and throttle servo (Futaba S9156) on the second Receiver and battery. Will two LiFE 6.6V, 2100mAh batteries be sufficient for a day of running? Normally I would run thru a few tanks of fuel and measure the power consumed, but, I need to buy the batteries first and I don't have spares sitting around.

Make sure the LIFE packs have a large enough discharge rate. It is possible to pull more juice than they can handle if you get the wrong ones.

I set mine up as rudder and needle on one. Throtles on the other. This way you can shut down with loss of rudder/needle or detune and drive with the other. I also run 1700s in mine.

Latest posts

Back