Roadrunner Or Hurricane Rigger Setup Specs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bill,

Here is a picture of the boat as how I got it. Haven't been able to work on it yet. Most of the holes are already drilled so should not be much work. The booms are however not drilled so need to know the sponson width, and also I'm after strutt setup and prop suggestion. I'll be using a M&D cast for power.

Hurricane-1.jpg

Mine is 5 1/2" on the right & 6" on the left. For setup, put a 1/8" block under the rear shoes & level the tub. Set the right aoa to 3.7°, & 3.4° on the left, making sure to re-level after each adjustment. Set the strut flat (0°) on the 1/8" block supporting the rear shoes. So, the strut is level/even with the rear shoes bottoms. I'm running a gizmo pro mod 28.5 zen with their victory pipe, with a 2716/2 20° modded by scott schneider. Also have a va craftsman turn fin on it. Boat is stable, fast & FUN. The boat was not a happy camper until i increased the aoa higher than i thought would work. Could prolly loosen it up even more, but i chose not to. I stopped when it got faster than this f.r.o.g. could drive around other boats.....

Back