Roadrunner Or Hurricane Rigger Setup Specs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lavigne

Anyone have access to the manufacturer setup specs for the Roadrunner or Hurricane riggers? Gas hull is desired, unless the smaller nitro hulls use the same exact setup. Referring flat surface or setup table specs. Diagram helps too

Awesome thanks for the hookup. I came across the site the other day but didn't navigate through it. Lots of info!!

Most Roadrunners are set up the same. Measure the blow off and level the hull. Slide a 3/8 block under the front sponsons until it touches. You want 6" from the trailing edge to the block. This is a good starting point. For the rear sponsons you need a jig that's an 1/8 thick and will give you about 1.5 to 2 degrees of angle. Loosen the strut and put it flat on the table with rear sponsons touching. This is how we set up our nitro boats.

Aaron,

PM me your E-mail address and I will send you some set-up sheets for the gas RR...

Thanks,

Lamar

Already sent them to him Lamar..
default_smile.png

Great minds who drive near identical boats think alike eh' Chilli!

Set it up per the instructions we sent and it will run pretty darn good right off the table.

Later,

Lamar

Too bad my driving skills arnt near identical to yours Lamar.... Looking forward to getting my RR back in the water next weekend!!

You listening Robin!!
default_wink.png

I don't have either, just interested in learning about rigger design. I feel the roadrunner is a good running hull.

OK, i have a hurricane & had to adj. some from the rr setup. Chili's my club prez, i used the same sheets you got. I needed to increase the aoa on both sponsons. Believe it is due to the ride pads on the front sponsons that the rr doesn't have.

Just wanted to make sure you were going to run the rigger next weekend Robin..... We have only two entries so far..
default_smile.png

I recently bought a hurricane gas rigger but it came without a setup sheet. Would be gratefull if i could get a copy from some one.

Tnx,

OK, i have a hurricane & had to adj. some from the rr setup. Chili's my club prez, i used the same sheets you got. I needed to increase the aoa on both sponsons. Believe it is due to the ride pads on the front sponsons that the rr doesn't have.
O gotcha- Do you know what AOA you ended up at?

3.7 right, 3.4 left. Any less & it ran wet, plowed into waves & pulled right horribly. With these settings, i run 1/16" toe on the right & none on the left with almost no left rudder trim. Drives straight, faster & is still very stable in race water.

Back