**** RoadRunner 40 Questions ****

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philmunsterman

Guys, I just picked up this Little RoadRunner w/ CMB 45 RS from Rick Lamb down in Texas ( Nice guy to deal with ). And I had a few questions. I'm going to try and run it Friday here in St Louis it should be around 55 deg. What pipe length should I start with ? I have a H-18 and H-22 ? I have a gallon of 55 % to burn up. Thanks Phil

roadrunner40001.jpg

choice better 1655 very good another H-18 not bad and H-22 hardly run need modified engine Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Allan.

Walt, It looks like W-4", L-5", H front 1 3/8, H back 1 3/4.output port side. Maybe someone who has one that fits good could measure theirs. Thanks Phil

try a 1657 @ 9 to 91/2 on a OPS 67 or AB 45 parabolic pipe

Nick

i use the 1457 AB parabolic at 9" on my roadrunner

my tank is 4 7/8" long 3 1/2 wide 1 1/2 tall at rear and 1 3/4 at front highest point

098.JPG

099.JPG

061.JPG

Look different Phil's engine mount too close front boom and William's engine mount back far boom :blink: better contact to Joe Warren he will help you Good Luck! ;)

Allan it is about the same as mine it is just the angle in the pic

062.JPG

1460 is the base line prop & try to work it up to a 1657 after trimmed out the boat & getting the pipe right.. Great running little boat...Looks like a Ultralight 45

Thanks Guys. William it looks like your engine is mounted several inches farther back. How does yours run ? Joe do you think it will pull the H22 ?

mine runs very good. runs great with the 1457. yours is the ultralite. mine is not

Good day at the Lake. The Roadrunner ran good it was 45 deg and even with the needle all the way open I still couldn't get enough nitro into the engine to open the throttle all the way. With the pipe at 9" it would pull the H22 easy. I'm going to start another thread about getting more top speed (with a bigger motor) !

Thanks Phil

Back