rigger get to flighty,can changing front sponson attack angle fix it?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything you add to the bottom of the sponson will raise the ride of the sponson that much. Your shingles are the riding surface. So you lifted the front of the boat a 1/4 inch. The tub is trapping air and lifting the boat. You now need to shim both booms a 1/4 inch to get back to where you started. That is your problem. The boat in stock form should run great with a gas motor in it. I would suggest that you cut off the ride pads you added. They are just too big. You can get the same results (free the sponson up) with a smaller pad. Somewhere in the 3/32 range. Less shimming to do. Forgot the paint job for now and get it running right. If you want to run the pads the way you have them, you would be better off building new sponsons from scratch that put the ride where it needs to be.

Mike
was thinking on taking off 1/8 of the ride pads.. wasnt going to paint this until we got the proublem straitened around..We did shimmed it up 1/8 back to stock settings..

1/8 does not equal 1/4. How is it that you got it back to stock settings?
iits set back to stock setting now in which is on the neg side of the attack angle,that why i said we could take the shingals down 1/8....the reason why we did the shingals on this riggewr is because ,his friend has a viper that looks simmler to this hull..his viper has shingals on it too and it runs on rails....plus i did post a thread on the docs asking if anyone converted a 80/90 nitro rigger to gas..had acouple saying on this rigger they had troubles in launching them and had to add poss to the attack angle....think the shingals helps in launching and help bite the corners better.and adds some speed...,

1/8 does not equal 1/4. How is it that you got it back to stock settings?
iits set back to stock setting now in which is on the neg side of the attack angle,that why i said we could take the shingals down 1/8....the reason why we did the shingals on this riggewr is because ,his friend has a viper that looks simmler to this hull..his viper has shingals on it too and it runs on rails....plus i did post a thread on the docs asking if anyone converted a 80/90 nitro rigger to gas..had acouple saying on this rigger they had troubles in launching them and had to add poss to the attack angle....think the shingals helps in launching and help bite the corners better.and adds some speed...,
Did you put the boat on the set up table and get it straightened out? No sense in doing ANYTHING unless the boat is set up correctly.

I dont know this boat... It does look like a Hawk style boat... If I recall correctly the hawk has the front of the tub a little lower than the rear. It also looks like this boat rides really low in the water ( but without a profile picture its hard to tell). Regarding speed and cornering..... I dont think your shingles or stepped sponsons help very much after the boat is on plane.... I would Make sure that your trailing edges are flat and sharp.... its hard to tell from the pics but it does look like the ride surface has a slight arc from side to side.

Paul

BTY.. in the pic, those schingles look more like vents.. other then the ride hight.. does not look like much has changed.

Grim

Back