Rigger Design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Hargett, first, I was not addressing you. Second, your opinion is based on assumptions and speculations. I was talking FACTS.You have no way of knowing what is on anyones mind or why they did something. You butt in on other peoples threads when the question was directly addressed to another person. You came on IW calling people idiots, stupid, zero skills, ect. I have not seen anything positive that YOU have contributed to IW.

Stay off of my threads.

Charles Perdue
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OH SNAP :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:mellow: Double snap :mellow:

Crackle and pop the rice crispy bandits yeah they add skis for looks lol

Have a good talk lol :lol:

Last edited:
Mr. Hargett, first, I was not addressing you. Second, your opinion is based on assumptions and speculations. I was talking FACTS.You have no way of knowing what is on anyones mind or why they did something. You butt in on other peoples threads when the question was directly addressed to another person. You came on IW calling people idiots, stupid, zero skills, ect. I have not seen anything positive that YOU have contributed to IW.

Stay off of my threads.

Charles Perdue
David, remember pay backs......paybacks....payoffs, speaking of which, I am still waiting on my sixpack. Yea, I know, you have not had time, yea, yea, cough them up big boy.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:

Stay off of my threads.

Charles Perdue
David, remember pay backs......paybay....payoffs, speaking of which, I am still waiting on my sixpack. Yea, I know, you have not had time, yea, yea, cough them up big boy.

Charles
It an't over till the eng starts or don't start. Don't worry I'll get you that six pac if it don't start if I have to bring it in person.

Heck my 1.01 started back wards with just putting the glow starter on it this weekend. didn't eaven know it till Otto pointed it out to me.

Rodney started it. :rolleyes:

David

Well I just fired up my 1.01 with out the disk and it throttled real nice. :D

Will see if I can post the movie I made with my camera. :mellow:

any one know how to change a Quick time file to some thing I can put on Utube? :blink:

David

That's DUTCH !!!! Nice work David ...now go buy some Metric T - Handle Allen wrenches . That was painful watching the removal of those 4 screws !!!!!!!!! :lol:

I'm stupid like that. Can't spell worth a dam...........................Was late by the time I figured out the you tube BS. Forgot the spell check.

Now I just need Mr. Conley to find a old 427 blower for me. All his stuff went up in flames. Once I explained it to him a light went off in his head. Will see if he can find one.

Will have that 100% scavenging 2 stroke and more if we want. With Scott's help should be able to slam it back in too.

David

OK lets get back to rigger design. sorry about hijacking the thread.

So on a setup with only a strut. What changes to the prop seam to work?

On the new boat design I am working with there is no ski and two rudders with hydro foils on them for lifting.

Could use some input on what works with just the strut.

David

David,

Does the tub have a "flat bottom" or a "kick-up" (usually about 3/8" high & 14-16" long). This fact will make a world of difference in the set-up & prop you will need to run a strut only

Don

David,

Does the tub have a "flat bottom" or a "kick-up" (usually about 3/8" high & 14-16" long). This fact will make a world of difference in the set-up & prop you will need to run a strut only

Don
The body is a lifting foil with a v bottom and a kick up at a 90 deg where the drive tube comes out. the strut is also adjustable with a servo as to angle. Can be mixed with the steering and trimmed with the dial or just trimmed with the dial.

there are two super cavitating foils on the out side of each rudder for lifting. thy ride on top of the water to set running hight along with the strut up and down adjustment.

David

David

If I understand this correct you are replacing the rear sponsons & or ski with two rudders w/foils that lift and remain in contact with the water. I think this would have much more drag than a single rudder and strut only .

don

we put the boat in the water for the first time on Monday. it turned to good. looked like it was spinning around a pole stuck in the water.

I will show some pics as soon as the new Patent pending is applied for.getting the new drawings done now.

there is no turn fin in the water. went a little over board with the first design of the sponsons. thy work too good.

the contact area of the foils is less than 1/4 square inch combined when running. with the spreed thy act like rear sponsons. also will slice thew the water not bounce on top.

this system of sponsons and foils was designed by my partner David Caldwell over 30 years ago. just now getting back at it with my help.

He just has a tendency to over design every thing. Took a year to get it in the water. hope the testing goes quicker.

I truly believe in the design or I would not have invested a year of my time in it. Only time will tell if i was right.

That is why I am asking for some input on what works on different designs as far as props. what makes a prop better for a ski than for just a strut or rear sponsons set up. not the merit of each but what experiences each has had with each setup as far as props go.

David

David,

I run a true 3 point rigger. This design relies on the lift of the prop to hold up the transom. Upside is better efficiency from the prop. Downside is not being able to launch big props.

Don

Back