Retrieval craft.

Help Support intlwaters.com:

Vince Fantauzzi

After a lil trial and error, this is the set up that worked best with materials and components I had on hand.

First I mounted the motor on a swivel and set both the steering linkages and servo EP adjustment s to max throw. I also widened the pontoon stance to lower the CG to compensate for the prop side thrust, plus added additional floatation to the rear to make it more steering responsive.

I'm happy to report that it works satisfactorily. I test retrieved a 26" deep V pretty handly. Whether it will bring to shore a 16lb Outrigger remains to be seen.
I'll be updating in the future.

Attachments

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
Vince...
Looking good....I can see a new race class with that design...

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
Thats funny....but with electric....just add cells....

HTV Boats

I have a similar boat and found that pool noodles are not efficient running surfaces so I bought some plastic rain gutters to put under the noodles and gained speed (2mph) and steers better. I have also put an FPV camera on to line up easier as if you don't "scoop it" right you can wind up going in circles.
Mic

Vince Fantauzzi

Yes, those noodles are a bit of a drag (literally), I like the gutter idea, and the cam would come in handy retrieving as boat that's over 200' away. Thx for your input.

Vince

Latest posts