replacement for accu-cycle elite

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

with the demise of the hobbico accu cycle elite charger what is your favorite available charger ....thanks.....bob

P.S. love the fact it's AC/DC So I can charge at the pond or at the hotel if I'm racing out of town.

I've used a few Hyperion chargers over the years. It's hard to beat their features with any other high end charger. There are lots of others that cost less, though.

Lohring Miller
IMG_4019.jpg

I have an iCharger 306B good for 1-6S and a Revolectrix PowerLab 8 V2 1-8S (now discontinued and replaced with the PowerLab 8 Touch) and can recommend both. The iCharger is super easy to use once you've got the hang of it and is $160 from Progressive RC. There's an iCharger 3010B as well which goes up to 10S. Both are multi-chemistry chargers with multiple charge profiles, so they'll handle pretty much any battery you've got. The PowerLab has more features if you want to analyze the crap out of your batteries, but I use them both pretty much the same way. I would also highly recommend the Mean Well RSP-1600-24 power supply which will deliver 24V 1130/1600 watt (110/220VAC) in a relatively small, lightweight package ...it's got the juice required especially if you're into parallel charging. The only downside is it's cost, $220, which is by far the best price I've seen, again from Progressive RC.

thanks for the responses ..... i don't run electrics , i need a good tx and rx battery charger and the ability to charge ignitors , i currently using a cyclon 2 volt 5 amp sealed lead battery ....thanks.....bob

The Revolectrix Cellpro Multi 4 is a great charger. Good for up to 4S and 4 amps out. DC power. I use it for RX, TX, Life, Lipo, Nimh, Can charge your vehicle 12 Volt AGM, or lead acid. Works great for charging single cell glow drivers or charging the RCCats glow driver. Easy to navigate and set and very portable with not much space taken up for a simple charger. Again, DC only.

http://www.revolectrix.com/m4_description_tab.htm

Tick more money but it charges all chemistry's. LiFe, LiPo, PB, Nicad.. you get the picture.

The WiFi is neat too. Can charge and check battery progress on your smart device.

I have had one for a few years now and it has been working great. Easy to use and a built in power supply. Perfect for our charging needs.
X2.JPG

Bob,

I realize I'm a little late to this party, and frankly the suggestions above are rather excellent , BUT I have an Elite that's gathering dust so If you want to stick to what you're comfortable with, hit me at [email protected] & I'll make you a nice deal

Tony

[email protected]

Elite 20190605_121159_resized (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back