Remember these>>>

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyEdge

This was one of my first boats.it was a fun pool boat.To slow for the lake but to fast for the pool.I switched out the stock 540 for a trinity gold series car motor.

Anyone else have a picture of there first boat.....

tunnel hull.JPG

I just tossed a barnd new one in the trash!..lol

O well.. easy come easy go!

Grim

This was one of my first boats.it was a fun pool boat.To slow for the lake but to fast for the pool.I switched out the stock 540 for a trinity gold series car motor.

My first boat was a 2X4 with a pointed bow cut with a handsaw and placed in a mud puddle in the alley back of my parent's garage. Probably around 1949 or1950.

JD

Jerry,

I bet if you still had that one you could bolt a 3.5 K&B and a radio box on it and still go out and win races. :)

Yea Mike,they where not the best in quality,but for a 12 year old it sure was a lot of fun.

Jerry,my 2x4 didn't float that well.lol

My first boat was a cabin cruiser with a .049 golden bee mounted with a pusher prop. Tossed it in sail boat lake in Central Park, NYC and ran from the cops who were going to arrest me. Guess Muff and Uncle Biff didn't appreciate me swamping half the boats in the lake. Year was 1964. Hammer :lol: :lol:

My first boat was an A RACING RUNABOUT kneeler with a HURRICANE 100 (10 hp) I think I was 7.. A long time ago

My first boat was an A RACING RUNABOUT kneeler with a HURRICANE 100 (10 hp) I think I was 7.. A long time ago
Ya telling your age there Loeb!!!!!..... ;) My first was a Prather Lap Cat 20.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
my first boat(small scale) was a cox round nose hydro with a .049 pusher prop setup. my dad would take me out in biscayne bay/miami in our "big" boat, & we would turn it loose in free flight then go chase it :eek: :D . that was about '58 to '60. we had 19' wood owens day cruiser with 2 28 hp johnson ob's. metal clamshell cowl, kinda bronze or rootbeer colored. my first full scale boat was a 12'3" starcraft runabout with a '59 johnson 35hp ob on it. circa 1965. like JD, prolly my FIRST boat was also a whittled piece of wood, turned loose in the trout stream at my grandmother's place in pa. around '55. then i graduated to towing toys in puddles behind my bike. the neighborhood i lived in had long flat streets that would create puddles 100' long, 3 to 6" deep-PERFECT for that & skimboarding B) .

Mine was a 3 point Kneeler sporting a Mark 20H. When I got out of it you could still here that engine for hours later. I think that is why my ears ring constantly. LOL :) I traded all 3 of my 20H's off one day....now they are worth a Butt Load of money. What was I thinking?

I still have some cool O/B engines in my collection.

If anyone has a 1940 K1 Mercury Streamlinner O/B they want to sell, I need one to get the gas tank off of.

-Carl,

Hope you guys don't mind a non-tunnel added to the thread. In my case, it was a Dumas Pay'N Pak with the Dumas hardware powered by an HB .20. Wrecked the boat by running it into a pile of rocks after the receiver batteries died. The boat was painted with Formula U white with the stripes hand painted using Formula U Firey Orange and Jet Black. Unfortunately, the boat was so heavy the little HB and plastic JG prop couldn't push it fast enough to really get it up on plane. I'm hoping the new ones will be much improved performance wise ;)

scan0003.pdf

Attachments

• scan0003.pdf
    417.6 KB · Views: 132
Flat nose Hot Shot here,it was fun but exhaust throttle stuck a lot
Same for me...

Must look for a picture of it...must have it somewhere

oude-hotshot1.jpg

I still have mine and it ran about 25 on a tony neisinger 14turn quad and a novak m5 on 12 cell had a little rooster. Fun boat!

Id like to see one on a brushless setup will run good all it needs is sharp edges put on it. and a 540 s and 2s lipo

Last edited:
Ive got to get in here, The first boat was a dumas thriftway 049 on tether then a Skadadal with a veco 19 single channel world engines radio. My father and I then joined the Seattle model yacht club and we met a man named Ed Fisher. The fun began.

Mine was a Crosby hydradon with Mark 75 suicided six on it. Dad told me if I could pull start it I could take it out by myself.

Set the throttle pulled up the choke gave the cord pull and ran to the front to grab the wheel. Turn around and waved as I drove off.

Age 12 in the swamps of south Jersey.

David

Back