Record Trial-Flint, MI

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some very interesting ideas out there, great pictures Terry. With the weather I guess there was alot of bench racing going on?
Thanks Bill, yes the record trials bring out the best in thinking "outside the box". Actually the water was very flat all weekend so we got a lot of timed runs in Saturday but with the heat couldn't go that fast. Sunday we wrapped up about 4pm due to the rain but Mike, Mark and I stayed till after 9pm testing Mikes 20 hydro with the radar gun. :)

ps: Thanks again for all you, John and the Board are doing for all of us in IMPBA, I can't remember when the organization has run so well. :)

Thank you Terry it's nice to get postitive feed back once in a while.

Some very interesting ideas out there, great pictures Terry. With the weather I guess there was alot of bench racing going on?
Thanks Bill, yes the record trials bring out the best in thinking "outside the box". Actually the water was very flat all weekend so we got a lot of timed runs in Saturday but with the heat couldn't go that fast. Sunday we wrapped up about 4pm due to the rain but Mike, Mark and I stayed till after 9pm testing Mikes 20 hydro with the radar gun. :)

ps: Thanks again for all you, John and the Board are doing for all of us in IMPBA, I can't remember when the organization has run so well. :)

Thank you Terry it's nice to get postitive feed back once in a while.

No sweat, trust me the "whinners" are a very small handful of the "big picture". :)

Just got my second night of 10+ hrs sleep and starting to feel semi normal again. :)
Small turnout this event due to the late date and race in Celina but personal commitments forced our hand.

Saturday was flat water most of the day but with temps up to 88F and high humidity it was tough to go fast. Franco had his 20 Seaducer haulin' and made several passes in the high 50's, very good in the heat.

Air was better Sunday (at 95%) but was a challenge with rain starting around 10am and continuing most of the day. Gary and David Preusse got 2 runs in with their S20 and upped the SAW record to 60.370 mph, surly woulda re-set the oval too if they had a chance.

Franko lent Mike his killer NR 20 to put in his C record boat and made some passes that averaged 90+, but only had the thing "turn on" half way into the traps, if it wasn't goin' 100+ when it hit the second octave, I'll eat my hat!

Mark Sholund came down to test his new Nowicki hull with the CMB 101, showed great promise, thanks for the help again Mark!

Huge thanks to Mike Nowicki and especially Mark Stein for all their hard work, Mark wrecked his truck the Wednesday before and still came to haul the retrieve boat in a truck Mike lent him, that kind of unselfishness and dedication to others is very rare these days!

I'll post some pix shortly, look for us this fall Sept 29, 30...
It was nice to see you all again , despite not great weather I had fun as usualy.

Hopefuly, next trials we will have better weather and more more racing luck.

Good job Terry keeping equipement working for most of the time, not easy job when everything is getting soaked as soon as yoou get it dry.

Just got my second night of 10+ hrs sleep and starting to feel semi normal again. :)
Small turnout this event due to the late date and race in Celina but personal commitments forced our hand.

Saturday was flat water most of the day but with temps up to 88F and high humidity it was tough to go fast. Franco had his 20 Seaducer haulin' and made several passes in the high 50's, very good in the heat.

Air was better Sunday (at 95%) but was a challenge with rain starting around 10am and continuing most of the day. Gary and David Preusse got 2 runs in with their S20 and upped the SAW record to 60.370 mph, surly woulda re-set the oval too if they had a chance.

Franko lent Mike his killer NR 20 to put in his C record boat and made some passes that averaged 90+, but only had the thing "turn on" half way into the traps, if it wasn't goin' 100+ when it hit the second octave, I'll eat my hat!

Mark Sholund came down to test his new Nowicki hull with the CMB 101, showed great promise, thanks for the help again Mark!

Huge thanks to Mike Nowicki and especially Mark Stein for all their hard work, Mark wrecked his truck the Wednesday before and still came to haul the retrieve boat in a truck Mike lent him, that kind of unselfishness and dedication to others is very rare these days!

I'll post some pix shortly, look for us this fall Sept 29, 30...
It was nice to see you all again , despite not great weather I had fun as usualy.

Hopefuly, next trials we will have better weather and more more racing luck.

Good job Terry keeping equipement working for most of the time, not easy job when everything is getting soaked as soon as yoou get it dry.

Thanks for the kind words Frank and good to see you as always.

I think I figured out how the sensors were getting wet and have replaced the O ring around the lens, that plus plans for some sort of cover for the units should allow us to run in a light rain. :)

Thanks to Terry, Mike, & Mark for there hard work, & for keeping the site & Flint record trials going!!

See you in the fall, & the Nats

Special thanks to G&M Models, & Byron Fuels

Latest posts

Back