receiver and servo plugs are too tight

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don donikowski

Sanwa/Airtronics RX-391W 2.4Ghz
While setting up new receiver and Pro Modeler servos, plugging them into receiver is very difficult and very tight,
Practically can't fit 4 into receiver. (3 plus power) Am I missing something here? or maybe they need to be sanded thinner?
Your suggestion please.
Thanx in advance.
Don

They are the same as Futaba. Looks like your putting them into an Airtronics. You may be able to sand them a bit.

Thanx Mark,
turns out the receiver doesn't link anyway. So it gets returned and I'll adjust size of plugs and receiver case as needed.
Dremel time. I've been told that they are a very tight fit...but tight takes on a new meaning! interference is the word.
I'm just returning to hobby after 23 years away from it. Am replacing all radio gear which was Futaba. Now to be Airtronics/Sanwa.
Amazing how equipment has evolved. No frequency conflicts, smaller, waterproof, much stronger servos, LIFe batts, less expensive. But glow plugs have gotten much more expensive.
I used to sell McCoy 9's for 75 cents each.
Don

Try installing a universal fit style plug
without the “key blade” that normally
Fits in the Rx slot
Like on a servo extension cable
If it plugs in ok
Remove the “key blade” from the servo plug and install

The plugs don't have keys on them. Just smooth little rectangles with contacts. 4 of them side by side exceed the opening they go into.
Pro Modeler servos, standard plugs. Standard Sanyo receiver. I think i'll make more room in recvr case. Bigger hammer...
Thanx for suggestion Dave. I can't imagine I have only parts that are such a tight fit! Maybe I'm just lucky.
Don

Back