Radios

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUNNERX

Well my 3pdf bit the dust, so I need a new radio. I would like to switch to something different because I never really liked the feel of it anyway. So what do you guys have that you like best. I wish airtronics still made one like the XL2P I really like the feel of it, or the first futaba pcm pistol.

I just love my JR XR3i. Feels good in the hand, well balanced, lots of nice features.

Easy to read display, and the price is decent for what you get.

Only complaint is the 3rd channel is slow if you want to use it for a remote needle.

Overall I give it a 9 out of 10

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

Peter is right, JR makes a **** good radio. I use Futaba & have had JR. The only thing I don't like about JR is you cannot use the Dean's style removable metal whip antenna, which I use on all my riggers. JR receivers don't take well to that. This came right from JR service guys. :unsure:

I also use JR gear. My choice radio is the JR R-756 wheel set. I don't quite know what a dean's style ariel is Don, I use an ariel by haynes or hayes (can't remember exactly). They screw on and off at the base and never had a problem with them. I'd also like to find a supplier for them, so if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some or if you have a better choice, let me know.

Cheers, Danny.

I Love my XR3i Radio, fits well in hand

Have only used 2 channels, heard 3rd is slow. Dontknow have never used it.

But its a good feel in my hand.

NT

"They screw on and off at the base and never had a problem with them."

The Dean's are screw on as well. The lead service tech @ JR told me in a phone conversation don't ever cut a JR receiver wire & he was very serious about it. I had the JR-756 (no longer made) & loved it, the one bad thing for me is it only held 6 models. I caught the Futaba 3PJS on sale at such a rediculous price (must have been a mistake) I couldn't pass it up. Not to mention I just added the plug in CAMPAC module that extends it to 16 model memory. You see I got a few boats ........ :blink:

same here i have the graupner(JR) xr 6 and a lot of guys here use that radio ..

the 3th channel has 3 modes , mixing with throttle ( now u can use it for that nitro mixing u want) , 3 th channel but only max output from servo . .and 3 th channel but now every singel time u touch the switch it moves just a little bit (slow) ..

i use the 3th mode for that 3 th channel to adjust my drive .. easy and fast adjustment even when the hull is in the water .. :D

jerome

I've used Sanwa/Airtronics M8, Futaba FF9 (9 channel stick, because I am a heli guy...) KO EX1 MARS and I found the beat radio that I had is the Futaba 3PK. All switches are programmable and within reach, so instead of fiddling for the 3rd channel knob I programmed the front digital trims as 3rd channel and makes changes on mixture a breeze. Also its got functions like idle ups and boat mode that makes things easier.

My 0.002 cent....

Last edited by a moderator:
:unsure: I wish airtronics still made one like the XL2P. O'really I think I have 3 of them XL-2P's all lightly used with receivers. make me an offer and their yours.

:unsure: My favorite radio of all time is the Futaba Magnum Senior radio.. O'really. need any more? Have 2 maybe three of those I would sell as well. W /receivers.

:D I am now using the new FUTABA 3 PK pcm radio, VERY NICE with a great ballance and rock solid performance. Scott

Scott,

Do I want one? Yes, do I have cash right now? No. Let me know what you'd like for one and maybe I can work something out.

Humm 329 or 160, looks like the JR fits me better. :D

I found a place selling new 3pdf tx only for 50 bucks so I may stick with it due to low funds, even though I like the looks of the JR. I guess I will wait to see what what cash I get from santa.

Hobbytown USA has the PDF at $129.00 with servos. It doesn't have the bells and whistles but it's a good radio for the money. I personally like the digital servos and the KO Propo PDS2144 is a powerhouse. The only drawback is it cost $105.00. I run them in all of my boats for stearing and use the JR digital micro servo for the throttle and 3rd channel.

Hi Guys!

You pistol grip/wheel guys got it all wrong.............Find a Futaba 3egx stick style transmitter.............Still the best thing going!

Bob the Fool :blink:

Scott, 

Do I want one? Yes, do I have cash right now? No. Let me know what you'd like for one and maybe I can work something out.
:D Rodney, you have mail. have I got a deal for you! How about 3 Magnum Sr. w/rec

2 xtra rec. and nicads in all. $ 150 for the whole lot! <_< Scott

Foolwitools said:
Hi Guys!
You pistol grip/wheel guys got it all wrong.............Find a Futaba 3egx stick style transmitter.............Still the best thing going!

Bob the Fool :blink:
I would agree, I have a Hitec 3DP but I driver better with a stick, thanks for the tip

Steve

Back