Radios

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had stick radios, but prefer wheel raios, I drive better with them. B)

I have had 3 good wheel radios, a JR R-756, a JR R1 and a Futaba 3PK. The R-756 was the most comfortable for me, but the 3PK is probably the best, altho I still have and use my R1, which is also very good.

Nitrocrazed racing: Multiple multi-model transmitters?

Don Ferrette said:
" I caught the Futaba 3PJS on sale at such a rediculous price (must have been a mistake) I couldn't pass it up. Not to mention I just added the plug in CAMPAC module that extends it to 16 model memory. You see I got a few boats ........  :blink: "
right on Don. I second the 3pjs pcm pistol. I got mine "like new", with 2 pcm 113ip receivers, 2 Tx modules, and a speedmind padded case for ~$250 off ebay.

here's one brand new at $195 for Tx/Rx, it's the pcm one-

NIB 3PJS on eBay

That's about $120 less than the 3pk from tower. the 3pk sure is slick looking though, so your boats may be a little quicker with the 3pk. hehe :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried Hitec, Futaba and JR, it is all JR from now on for me. I have the older 756 at the moment but one day may go to the R-1. All you guys running the xr-3's and XS may want to check the servo voltage on the output side of your Receivers, it may surprise you. ;)

Mike G said:
I have tried Hitec, Futaba and JR, it is all JR from now on for me. I have the older 756 at the moment but one day may go to the R-1. All you guys running the xr-3's and XS may want to check the servo voltage on the output side of your Receivers, it may surprise you. ;)
I haven't tried JR's radios, but that R-1 is interesting. It should be the best on the market for the money they get for them :blink:

Now JR's digital servos I do use, and imho they are worth every penny. Highly recommended. ;)

Clay, I have seen them go for $225 new. With the Hitec 3D at $189 or the Futaba 3PK for $250 I think they are right in the ballpark. The 3D is not even PCM :lol:

I never tried the 3PK, but I will trust Ian's judgement on it once he has raced with it for a while. ;)

Clay,

The JR R1 is a very good radio for boats and is probably the most popular radio for the serious racers in Australia. Personally I dont like the digital trim type third channel, but that would be my only gripe!

The 3PK is a newer design by several years and has a few more features. With HRS reciever and digital servos the response is amazing!

I am a big fan of the JR digital servos tho and still use all JR servos with the 3PK! :D

Ian.

"the 3pk sure is slick looking though......"

Uggh! You guys actually like the way it looks? It looks more like a radar gun than transmittier. Or something you could watch ESPN on between heats ....... :lol:

Don Ferrette said:
"the 3pk sure is slick looking though......"
Uggh! You guys actually like the way it looks? It looks more like a radar gun than transmittier. Or something you could watch ESPN on between heats ....... :lol:
well, I don't especially like the star trek look of them either Don. But now that you say they look like a radar gun, it got me thinking. If futaba put a Ka Band radar antenna on the front of it and one additional easy-access button near the thumb, it sure would be a whole lot "prettier". makes you say hmmmmm. :D

Multiplex 3030. 99 model memory, 7 channels, no radio interference, switches and sliders can be linked to any function, mixers on everything. Only snag is that you just need a degree in computing to set it up . <_< .

DaveMarles said:
Multiplex 3030. 99 model memory, 7 channels, no radio interference, switches and sliders can be linked to any function, mixers on everything. Only snag is that you just need a degree in computing to set it up . <_< .
Doesn't sound like a pistol style either....... :blink:

Nope. No pistol radios here. They don't have enough channels.

Don, How come you are a beginner boater now and I'm still a Newbie? You must talk too much. :p

"Don, How come you are a beginner boater now and I'm still a Newbie? You must talk too much."

Gotta get my fill before I start working again after first of the year. After the move down here I took the rest of the year off. Man 6 months went by fast.......... <_<

Latest posts

Back