radio choices

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve speas

my 3pj and my collection of 113ip receivers are getting long in the tooth, what works with non digital servoes? <_<

steve

Steve

Unless you are looking for a new radio. There is nothing wrong with the PJS. I am using that radio with digital servos and all the other gadets that are out there.

3PK is the next up in the line. But it looks as if Futaba is trying to force the 2.4 mhz on everyone.

I would keep what I have. ;) ;) ;)

Steve
Unless you are looking for a new radio. There is nothing wrong with the PJS. I am using that radio with digital servos and all the other gadets that are out there.

3PK is the next up in the line. But it looks as if Futaba is trying to force the 2.4 mhz on everyone.

Amen to that, the 3PJ/PJS PCM series is still the shiznit in my book. I really like the new Nomadio React as it's WAY more reasonably priced with better range than this new Futaba 2.4 that they are pushing but there seems to be some random reliability issues with them that I read on RC Universe. Brian Watts has been running the Nomadio this season, perhaps he can chime in on that. :)

Steve

Amen to that, the 3PJ/PJS PCM series is still the shiznit in my book. I really like the new Nomadio React as it's WAY more reasonably priced with better range than this new Futaba 2.4 that they are pushing but there seems to be some random reliability issues with them that I read on RC Universe. Brian Watts has been running the Nomadio this season, perhaps he can chime in on that. :)
futaba has the 3pj on its non serviceable list, cant even get parts for it holding it together with shoe goo & wire ties now :(

anyone got an extra one in the closet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve;

my choice is the NOMADIO REACT. great radio and has great rangewith no problems. the computer interface is great as well.

works with ANY servo combination.

BUT if you can get ahold of a good used Futaba reciever, do that.

carl

Steve

futaba has the 3pj on its non serviceable list, cant even get parts for it holding it together with shoe goo & wire ties now :(

I suspect you'll see a steady stream of these for sale as people make the switch to 2.4 systems. Mine works well, as do my receivers, and I know how to program it. Until the price comes down on the new systems, or something goes wrong with my 3PJS, I don't see much reason to replace it.

futaba has the 3pj on its non serviceable list, cant even get parts for it holding it together with shoe goo & wire ties now :( anyone got an extra one in the closet?
The 3PJS is not on the non serviceable list & I've got a few. If you don't mind one with fuel splatter staining on it I just might have something for you, call me tomorrow at the house. :)

I love the 3PJS. They kick butt. After the 3PK came out I knew the 3PJS would be a thing of the past. I started to stock pile the ones that people where getting rid of to upgrade to the 3PK. I think I own 5-3PJS and 1-3PJ. Should be enough to last a lifetime. I only use 2 at a race so the others ride the shelf. Usually you will see them come up on ebay for around $100 with receiver.

Mike

I love the 3PJS. They kick butt. After the 3PK came out I knew the 3PJS would be a thing of the past. I started to stock pile the ones that people where getting rid of to upgrade to the 3PK. I think I own 5-3PJS and 1-3PJ. Should be enough to last a lifetime. I only use 2 at a race so the others ride the shelf. Usually you will see them come up on ebay for around $100 with receiver. Mike
soooo thats where they all went :p

I love the 3PJS. They kick butt. After the 3PK came out I knew the 3PJS would be a thing of the past. I started to stock pile the ones that people where getting rid of to upgrade to the 3PK. I think I own 5-3PJS and 1-3PJ. Should be enough to last a lifetime. I only use 2 at a race so the others ride the shelf. Usually you will see them come up on ebay for around $100 with receiver. Mike
soooo thats where they all went :p
Well not all, I have 5 of the 3PJS also, might be 4 if you call me. But you'll have to come get it, I don't deliver. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

Whatever manufacturer you chose, I wouldn't waste any money on anything that's not 2.4 GHz DSM. Plain and simple, it's the future of RC sports. As soon as we all come to grips with this, we can do away with alternate frequencies, frequency conflicts for finals and run-off and all that crap.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Steve

Yes I have been running the Nomadio radio.. All I can say is flawless! Using it all year, without one glitch.. They are $279 with 1 receiver. 40 model memory..

I should have more in stock shortly.. This company is deeply involved in military applications and all their focus has been directed to that market. I'm told inventory should be available shortly.

Yes I have been running the Nomadio radio.. All I can say is flawless! Using it all year, without one glitch.. They are $279 with 1 receiver. 40 model memory..
I should have more in stock shortly.. This company is deeply involved in military applications and all their focus has been directed to that market. I'm told inventory should be available shortly.
So is it safe to assume they have addressed the issues that were being talked about during the summer on RC Universe?

Steve

I have one. However somehow the antenna got lost. Everything else is in good shape. If it is a replacement for one you already have you can just move you own antenna over.

$50 including shipping is US. No receiver or I can give you a receiver that needs a new antenna for free.

Back