Grimracer futaba question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxyflash

I posted on Rich’s post but got no response so I’m asking here what would cause the receiver to lose its bind on a 4 pm my buddy said he seen this before .304sb receivers had three boats and two lost it’s bind.Happened the 2nd month after getting radio after that seems to be ok.

I posted on Rich’s post but got no response so I’m asking here what would cause the receiver to lose its bind on a 4 pm my buddy said he seen this before .304sb receivers had three boats and two lost it’s bind.Happened the 2nd month after getting radio after that seems to be ok.
His buddy is me I was talking about the problems Dan Pralle was having with his 4pm

Mike (Grim) is at an event flying Helicopters this weekend and I got the idea that he wasn’t going to have much time to post. Once he gets back I’m sure he will respond but just in case, send him a PM maybe Monday it Tues. H could very well know what his happening with that 4PM losing bind.

The 4PM had some RF modules on the main board in transmitter causing brown outs.
The only time I’ve seen people have receivers loose their bind was because of bad battery/low voltage. What kind of battery pack was being used?

And a fresh battery doesn't fix that ? It has to be rebound to the transmitter ?

I am back. burned out and back. The 2023 Komro Classic is in the books. The weather was great.

I personally have never had or seen any of the Futaba equipment "un-pair". From anything. I am assuming we all understand this is not the same as a glitch or.. lockout.. or whatever.

Having said this.. I would think.. if the C rating of the RX battery was too low,, or the voltage "type" not selected in the TX correctly one "might" see the system un-pair.. but again. I have never been witness to this.

Using the proper battery, switch, servos per Futaba's recommendation is the "best" option in every case.

Grim

His buddy is me I was talking about the problems Dan Pralle was having with his 4pm
Pete, IF, Dan was having issues with the system loosing pairing i was not aware of this.
When I had his equipment to "check it out" i never experienced any loss of pairing.

Grim

What happened is early in the spring I got the radio had it setup on two boats both never ran just bench setup to test motors before going to pond.Tested both motors at home all good.Finished my whiplash 20 put new receiver in it set it up all good.I have all new batteries in the three boats was double checking the other two and no bind.I binding them and so far no problem.There was no low voltage using life batteries showing over 6.6 volts on telemetry.I always check my boats before leaving the house usually I grease the shaft tape the radio box after I charge battery check the radio system.I like to be prepared so all I do is flush the motor fill the tank at the lake fire it up.If it’s a new motor I fire it at home I hate fighting a boat at the pond at the beginning of testing them At the lake.

Mike z I see where you said using the correct setting on battery the transmitter is using a 7.4 lipo that the hobby shop sold with the radio.I using 6.6 life in the boats 850 on the sport 20 1600 on the gas boats.Is there a setting for battery types I may have over look that setting.

That was already set by the hobby shop when they sold the radio .I have a life battery for the transmitter I’m going to pull the lipo and use the life on the life setting it’s on a custom setting now.The voltage on the transimitter was 7.4 volts

When they lose pairing it is serious. Something usually wrong in the transmitter.

RF module on main board is prone to failure on the 4PM or at least I have heard of Futaba completely replacing several 4PM's for that problem.

Bruce.. take a few moments to read though the manual... its not a bad idea anyway you look at it!

Thanks

Grim

Back