quick glow plug question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale P

Hey guys, I just need to know what the thread per inch is on a glow plug. I'm guessing it's 1/4" X 28 ? Also how long is the threaded part?

I switched to gas boats a while back, and don't have any laying around.

Thanks for the help!

Dale P.

Thanks! Any idea on the length of the threaded portion? I'm guessing 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch.

Dale P.

there is a short and a long version. sorry, at work, so i can't measure them for you. but, i bet someone will post them shortly.

That's ok, the length isn't too big of a deal. I'm making a tool for checking the squish band. I make them for gas engines and was asked for a nitro version. I don't recall the local hardware store having a 1/4" x 32 die though. May have to check the hobby shop, or thread it on the lathe.

I should have some picts posted in the for sale section tonight.

Dale P.

i've had good luck buying smaller single taps & dies at NAPA auto parts. my local store carries down to 3-56!

That's ok, the length isn't too big of a deal. I'm making a tool for checking the squish band. I make them for gas engines and was asked for a nitro version. I don't recall the local hardware store having a 1/4" x 32 die though. May have to check the hobby shop, or thread it on the lathe.
I should have some picts posted in the for sale section tonight.

Dale P.
Tower has both of the tap and die.

Ralph

Back