questions for those who have built twins

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't overlook the Throttle Servo. Twice the load and vibration, and I would bet that you throttle a twin more during a heat then a single..... Use a high quality / high torque servo...
Agreed. I prefer a Futaba 9405 high torque servo on the in radio box pedestal mounted bellcrank set up. B)

hi don can i ask why do you run two recievers ????

cheers rick

Don't overlook the Throttle Servo. Twice the load and vibration, and I would bet that you throttle a twin more during a heat then a single..... Use a high quality / high torque servo...
Agreed. I prefer a Futaba 9405 high torque servo on the in radio box pedestal mounted bellcrank set up. B)

cheers rick
Don "transmits" SOOO much that his boats need two receivers to keep up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cheers rick
most people that run a twin use 2 recievers/batteries/switches.1 for throttle/mixture,the other for rudder.if one goes out you still have the other to steer or shut down.too much money at stake not to

I use hitec digital servos for everything on my boat using futaba radio. I only run 1 battery, receiver 1switch. I have never had a problem. When you add 2 of everything it becomes a pain in the butt when they start going bad. I used to use 2 of everything in my Twin and had too many electrical issues then I switch over to 1 problem solved. Chris my twins are just about 5 grand RTR each but anything can go wrong.

Jjulian

Back