Questions about twin's......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionel Bara

HI,

can you tell me:

- How much space in between each hardware (strut)??

- How much space in between each blades tips?

- How much space from the plug to the transom?

- If you set the rear end of a twin on a weigh scale (at the drive dog), how much weigh should a gate?

- With in a twin running the CMB 91HR, which prop can I run? and which cupping?

- How many OZ for tanks? (when you run with 60% Nitro)

- In first time, I am thinking running 40% of nitro, how much volume at the combustion chamber would you advise me?

Thanks in advance

regards

Lionel

Last edited by a moderator:
HI,can you tell me:

- How much space in between each hardware (strut)??

- How much space in between each blades tips?

- How much space from the plug to the transom?

- If you set the rear end of a twin on a weigh scale (at the drive dog), how much weigh should a gate?

- With in a twin running the CMB 91HR, which prop can I run? and which cupping?

- How many OZ for tanks? (when you run with 60% Nitro)

- In first time, I am thinking running 40% of nitro, how much volume at the combustion chamber would you advise me?

Thanks in advance

regards

Lionel
Hi Lionel,

Most twins have a strut distance of about 3.25" between centerline of shafts. I like 3.75" myself.

Distance between tips of props will depend on the props you run.

My boat has a distance of 29" from center of motor to transom.

Do not know on the weight.

1667's with about 6" cup on my boat with 3.75" strut spread. A boat with less distance on the struts will turn more pitch.

No less than 20oz of fuel per tank.

0.8cc set with a deck clearance of 0.012" on this motor will work with 40 to 60 percent nitro.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Hi Cliff

I design, make my own models and mould parts with vacuums bags

Yesterday, I add some pictures in my album

regards

lionel

Hi CliffI design, make my own models and mould parts with vacuums bags

regards

lionel
Hi Mark

Currently, I am thinking on this new project with two 91 HR and I have to make some choices on some measurements, then I thank you for communicating some information’s.

I will put the same distance between the two shafts 3,25"…OK

Some body tall me that the 91 HR has less torque,…… is it necessary to reduce the distance between center of the engine to the transom?

I am going to use the SS 24 oz, it’s a large volume to place at the front, I have to find a compromised with the look of my twin.

Another’s questions:

What is the distance between the hub and the surface of the water ? 1" or 1.1” ?

Is Andy B. going to make some spare parts for the MAC 84, sleeves and pistons? :unsure:

Thank you for yours answers

Hi CliffI design, make my own models and mould parts with vacuums bags

regards

lionel
Hi Mark

Currently, I am thinking on this new project with two 91 HR and I have to make some choices on some measurements, then I thank you for communicating some information’s.

I will put the same distance between the two shafts 3,25"…OK

Some body tall me that the 91 HR has less torque,…… is it necessary to reduce the distance between center of the engine to the transom?

I am going to use the SS 24 oz, it’s a large volume to place at the front, I have to find a compromised with the look of my twin.

Another’s questions:

What is the distance between the hub and the surface of the water ? 1" or 1.1” ?

Is Andy B. going to make some spare parts for the MAC 84, sleeves and pistons? :unsure:

Thank you for yours answers
You should not have to reduce the lenght on the boat for those motors. One other thing I like is to have my motor centerline

even with the trailing edge or end of the ride pad of the front sponsons.

Those numbers of 1" to 1.1" are good on tub distance.

I know Andy is working on things and these are parts he is going to make. But I do not know when they will be ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice stuff Lionel!! I am not sure I could have put paint on that beautiful carbon fiber... It looks great!

~James

Back